Chaulk up another exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaulk up another exhaust question

I realize there are several different topics and posts about exhausts. I've seen most of them but have not had my question answered. I am looking for an exhaust that will sound similar to the sound of the Nissan 350Z/ Infiniti G35 sound. It is undeniably a sound of its own, and I realize a great deal plays into this sound, but it is what I am attempting to duplicate. If anyone has sound clips, can "tell" me what there setup sounds like, or can give suggestions, that would be great!
    Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

welcome, and yes there are sound clips... there's a thread of them somewhere

edit: here it is http://g6performance.com/forum/viewt...ighlight=clips
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

I saw that page, and the clips are ok, but the driving ones are short and the one at idle is....well....only at idle. My objective is to be different but not obnoxious, and it's a difficult line to walk. I've had plenty of people compliment the car and not know what it is and question whether it was a luxury car. I don't want to lose that by having an exhaust that is obnoxious. Hence the reason for the 350Z sound. Thanks!

Comment

I could comment, but it might seem bias. I'll let the guys here describe the sound.

Comment

At the bottom of this page is a link to a good video from outside the car, but you need to download it

(the video at the top of the page is also of the GT-R exhaust... but from inside the car)
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

I know what you're talkin about. That sound is sweet, but might be hard to match. Even the nissan/infinti SUVs that use that same engine sound like that. You could always try welding one of their mufflers to our car and see what that sounds like.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
              I know what you're talkin about. That sound is sweet, but might be hard to match. Even the nissan/infinti SUVs that use that same engine sound like that. You could always try welding one of their mufflers to our car and see what that sounds like.
              you are unlikely to replicate the sound of the VQ35 engine using exhaust tactics. the sound is very much unique to that engine, and while it does sound completely dead sexy, the best you can hope to do is get close. i would not even know where to start though, it is definately a distinct sound.

Comment

The GT-R doesn't sound bad! What type of muffler is that? I thought about buying the 350Z muffler, but I wasn't sure if that was the only thing that affected the sound! Thanks for the clips.

Comment

i believe GT-R uses a Magnaflow muffler, although i dunno exactly what part number.

Comment

Kman, do you have any sound clips of your exhaust? I'd like to hear with two mufflers. Also, any idea whether the 350Z muffler would:
                    a) make a closer to 350Z sound
                    b) fit under the G6

Comment

Originally posted by stainlessnuts
                      Kman, do you have any sound clips of your exhaust? I'd like to hear with two mufflers. Also, any idea whether the 350Z muffler would:
                      a) make a closer to 350Z sound
                      b) fit under the G6
                      I don't have any sound clips yet.
                      2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                      Forge Motorsports BPV
                      CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                      HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                      HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Sigh...KMan...if you worked for me...you'd be fired j/k Ok, well does anyone have any other ideas, suggestions, clips? Or know someone in the Cincinnati area with an aftermarket exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by stainlessnuts
                          Sigh...KMan...if you worked for me...you'd be fired j/k Ok, well does anyone have any other ideas, suggestions, clips? Or know someone in the Cincinnati area with an aftermarket exhaust?
                          I've been in Mason all week. Driving back and forth from Indy.
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I'm just giving you a hard time KMan. If you get the chance, I'd like to hear what that sounds like! Does anyone know if putting a 350Z muffler in would work?

Comment

Having a 350z, I find it very hard to believe you could replicate that sound in a G6.

Comment

Working...
                              X