Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna lose my G6 tomorrow night...

...but it will be well worth it!

I've told a couple of you about this already, but here is my official announcement.

Tomorrow after work, I am dropping my car off at Altered Atmosphere Motorsports http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/home/
    They're gonna be doing a custom install on a Unichip computer on Thursday. http://www.unichip.us/
    And on Friday (which I have off from work this week) they are doing a dyno tune on it.

Get my baby's engine all straightend up, so I can take full advantage of my intake and exhaust (thank you Dr. Speed and GT-R)
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

sweet!
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Nice stuff

Comment

I'll be sure to post the dyno curves as soon as I can :smoke:

Comment

Comment

Thats awesome Jake, looking forward to seeing the readings :smoke:
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

It will be interesting to see the results. I have certain opinions on the unichip, but those are for a car with a more advanced ECU. It should do pretty well on the G6 since there isn't any active timing learning.
              04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
              Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

cool man
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

can't wait to see the results
                  -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                  Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Very cool Jake! :smoke:

What are they charging you? (If you don't mind me asking).
                    SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Originally posted by Tin_Indian_G6

Nope, I don't mind. Here is the basic price break down:

Tuning session: ~ $400 (standard rate)

Unichip module: ~ $600

Wiring harness and custom install ~$500

It's a bit costly, but considering, there isn't actually a module, wiring kit, or a program for our cars, and they are going to be doing a custom job wiring it into the car and programing it from scratch... it's not TOO bad.

Plus, it will just be awesome... get to see some new stuff.

Another advantage, if I alter my car again, super/turbocharger/nitrous (not saying I will, just if) I'll just have to pay the basic tuning session price.

Additionally, I can get a program that will run on a palm pilot that will show me what my engine is doing, select different engine calibration settings depending on how I want the car to drive at the time, etc... not sure if I'll ever get this or not... but it's still neat

http://www.unichip.us/Dealer/Docs/Un...ide%202006.pdf <- this is mainly a brochure the premade, plug and play modules, but it has some info on the other stuff as well

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                        It's a bit costly, but considering, there isn't actually a module, wiring kit, or a program for our cars, and they are going to be doing a custom job wiring it into the car and programing it from scratch... it's not TOO bad.

Another advantage, if I alter my car again, super/turbocharger/nitrous (not saying I will, just if) I'll just have to pay the basic tuning session price.

Additionally, I can get a program that will run on a palm pilot that will show me what my engine is doing, select different engine calibration settings depending on how I want the car to drive at the time, etc... not sure if I'll ever get this or not... but it's still neat
                        Sooo cooool! For a computer tech junkie this sounds like a lot of fun to play around with. Really looking forward to hearing how it all works out.

(Rev) Greg
                        (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

Oh wow...we're going to need video, still shots, 3d walkthroughs...
                          That is sweet! Man, I'm going to have to get rid of my gf so I have some disposable income. um...just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                            Originally posted by Tin_Indian_G6

Nope, I don't mind. Here is the basic price break down:

Tuning session: ~ $400 (standard rate)

Unichip module: ~ $600

Wiring harness and custom install ~$500

http://www.unichip.us/Dealer/Docs/Un...ide%202006.pdf <- this is mainly a brochure the premade, plug and play modules, but it has some info on the other stuff as well
                            Wow, for $1500 it better yield substantial increases in power and torque. I wish you the best of luck with this mod. I truly hope this module is worth the high cost of entry.
                            2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                            Forge Motorsports BPV
                            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                            HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

I'm not concerned so much with price... I just really like experimenting / trying new things... so even if the power increase is moderate, I'd still consider it a sucess/money well spent

Comment

Working...
                              X