Think they'll let me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think they'll let me?

hey everyone - I'm taking the 6 into the stealership today to get the front drivers side and passenger side lower ball joints replaced...under warranty luckily Otherwise it would've cost a hefty $650. I was going to buy the ball joints myself and do it just so I could do a decent write-up/How To..but since it's covered under warranty someone else can do the work for me. lol

I'm wondering - think the stealership will let me take pics of them working and removing parts etc? I'm pretty sure they won't - but I'll just be sitting waiting for the car to be done anyways..

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
    - JL 1000.1 Amp
    - JL 12" W7
    - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Re: Think they'll let me?

If you ask them, im pretty sure they will let you, unless its really busy that day.
    Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Just tell them you need to take the pics for assurance purposes. You never know, give it a shot.......the worst that can happen is they tell you NO, in which case you reply with

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
      I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

I really dont see why not. They'll probably have you wear a hard hat tho....

Comment

I work at a dealership as a lot tech and i have seen people sit there and watch the mechanics before...i think it just depends on the dealership but its worth asking! so go ahead and try! oh and after its done. I had them replace my whole control arm...cuz apparently you cant just replace the ball joint on the G6 you have to replace the whole control arm...prolly why it was gona be so expensive if it wasnt under warrenty

Comment

They might. At my dealership customers aren't allowed in the shop because of insurance reasons.

But I know techs so I'm allowed

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

just ask
              Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
              JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

My ride was just in for the same thing (control arm and ball joint on pass. side). I couldnt go in the shop for ins. reasons.There was a huge picture window but i forgot to take pics, so ill stfu now lol
                Mods-Smoked tails and eyelids ,Crab Intake, Nokya 7000k hi's low's and 2500k yellow fogs , Dupli-color painted red calipers and black rims , custom paintd interior trim and enginebay covers ,red looms,white gauge overlays,low-front lip spoiler, debagged , led's and neons inside . Soon to come - Tuning and exhaust !!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3059626

Comment

I doubt it cause osha regulations. But some shops let customers in the shop like where I work.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                  4 door mafia
                  93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                  8000k hid's
                  Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                  Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                  13.207@107.11
                  330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

I just had my lower ball joint/control arm replaced. It wasn't under warranty
                    Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

Working...
                    X