Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "Sirius" question...

Hello,
    I'm new here. I just picked up my G6 last weekend...Love it! I was wondering is there any mod kits out there that can change the XM radio over to Sirius? I don't like the XM, but I do like the Sirius and I would like to switch them out with out having to change radios. Has anyone done this or know of any way to do this?
    Thanks!
    Blotto

I don't think it's possible without swtiching the deck out or using a modulator. I could be wrong though.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

GM was supposedly making a converter for like $150 to use sirius through your stock head unit...i heard about this like 6 months ago and haven't looked into it recently
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I heard the same thing about the converter, but I asked the dealer and he said I was crazy.

Comment

Yeah... crazy for asking the dealership Look on their sites or the net, thats your best bet!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Yes you can switch to Sirius with the current deck. Here is the link.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentSe ... 351706522&
            2006 BLK GTP COUPE,DE BADGED,MASK,RED CALIPERS,GRILL INSERTS, REAR SPOILER( now the new hammerhead)

Comment

Thank you that's great. Unfortuneately I don't see G6 on the compatibility chart, so I'm going to call them and find out if one of those will still work.
              B

Comment

let us know, cuz sirius is 100x better than XM
                -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

If I remember correctly, it has something to do with our specific radios. The G6/Malibu use an older style radio and it isn't compatible with the adapter.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I bought a Kenwood deck that accepts Sirius. The old antenna for the XM doesn't work with the new reciever, so I have 2 antennas - I look like I'm satellite-happy... I like Sirius a WHOLE LOT BETTER than XM!!! I think the reciever to the Sirius was like $100 from the audio store (installed).

Comment

Did we ever determine if it is a possible or not to convert? I really prefer Siriius!!

Comment

Ok, this is what I found out. There is a kit to convert the GM XM radio to Sirius, it's a little silver box that mounts inline with your sterio unit. BUT, it doesn't work for the G6, and a couple of others. There is some sort of change to the sterio unit for these models. Sirius is suppose to release a new updated module that will include the G6, but there is no date as to when.
                        I decided not to wait so I bought a X-Act receiver. It's great! It's only about 6" square and I have it sitting right on my dash. I ran the power cable and antena right along the side of my sterio (were the dash drops back to meet the glove box) and stored the extra wires in the pocket just below the radio. It turned out really good. The antena just sits on my dash...you don't need to roof mount it, and the unit comes with it's own built in FM transmitter. Which is really powerful and sounds great. Wiring directly into the sterio would sound the best, but I want to be able to take it out of this car and use in my girl friends car at times too. This worked out the best for me.
                        Blotto

Comment

yah, I have an external receiver too, but I was hoping to convert Xm so it was right in my dash and didn't have to worry about having the external anymore

Comment

i just called sirius. http://www.soundgate.com has the converters..however not for G6's yet..but apparently that will be the site to watch...just FYI

Comment

I wanted to resurface this post to see if anyone had done any more digging or have heard of the release of a converter that will work with the G6
                              Originally posted by jeffro
                              nice laura, real nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X