How-To: Reset window indexing on coupes & convertibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-To: Reset window indexing on coupes & convertibles

If you ever disconnect your battery or lose power for some other reason, you'll notice that the windows will not index properly. This is because they need to re-learn their positions.

This procedure is in your owners manual, but it's late and I couldn't find mine for a while and I searched here, etc blah blah... finally found the manual so here you go.

- Get in your car and turn the key to ON (you don't need to start the car).
    - Put all windows all the way up (they each need to be done individually)
    - Start with the drivers window, hold the button up for two seconds, release, hold it up for another two seconds.
    - Then put the window all the way down, release, then hold down for two seconds.
    - Repeat this step for the passenger side window.

Coupe owners, you're done.

If you have a convertible, you'll need to do this for the rear side windows as well.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Rear side windows do not index... they are not connected to the door at all.
    2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Hmm, I copied straight from the manual and it had that listed. I don't have a vert so I'll just shrug my shoulders here.
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Mmartin_47
        Just a thought on your comment...

I had several converts in the past that would drop all 4 windows as soon as you pressed the OPEN ROOF button. Does the G6 Vert do the same thing? If so, then THAT is the indexing feature for the rear windows.

:smoke:
        SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
        Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
        CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
        Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

My moms and dads catera is the same way! each time it had a batt go bad ect you had to "reprogram" the express windows the same way lol
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Yeah, you temporarily lose the express feature as well on the 6er too. I was so confused, I had totally forgotten about the feature. I reconnected the battery and went to get in, I opened the door and everything appeared fine (it still goes down the inch or so). When I shut it it didn't go back up. I was just sitting there thinking WTF?
            2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

[quote=Tin_Indian_G6]
              Originally posted by "Mmartin_47":16jqln8f
              Just a thought on your comment...

I had several converts in the past that would drop all 4 windows as soon as you pressed the OPEN ROOF button. Does the G6 Vert do the same thing? If so, then THAT is the indexing feature for the rear windows.

:smoke:[/quote:16jqln8f]

Yes all 4 windows roll down when the open top button is pressed. Well guess you can consider that indexing. I just consider it nothing since it doesn't do anything when the door is opened.
              2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Coupe Windows not indexing after Dr Speed Stage 3 Install

I installed my Dr Speed Stage 3 this evening. Finally had time and low and behold windows did not index back up after disconnecting my battery. Thanks Kyle I new I would find the answer here. Headed out to give it a try.
                06 Stealth Gray Metallic GT Coupe Dr Speed Stage III Thanks, WCC

Comment

Step 1: review owners manual, Step 2: follow instructions as listed, Step 3: If resolved exit procedure, if not repeat step 1, Step 4: if not resolved after multiple attempts seek professional assistance.

With the main step as #1!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: How-To: Reset window indexing on coupes &amp; convertibles

Sorry I yet again haven't been here in forever but needed to do this after some transmission repairs (fortunately got the GMPP extended warranty ). Anyway just did the front windows but will check if the back windows also need it next time I put the top down
                    CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X