Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Headlight Bulbs

Hey, I have to replace my headlight bulb, and I saw this link:

SYLVANIA is the leading automotive lighting supplier, providing high performance lighting products. Use our bulb replacement guide to find the right bulb that fits your vehicle.

On that site, it's saying the H11ST (Silverstar) and H11XV (XtraVision) are the only bulbs available by Sylvania (besides OEM) I was wondering if it's worth the extra money to buy the H11ST or H11XV and where you bought them. I live in Canada and every Crappy Tire I've been to doesn't carry them..

Any help would be appreciated;

Dubbzzz

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
    - JL 1000.1 Amp
    - JL 12" W7
    - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Re: Replacement Headlight Bulbs

If your sticking with regular bulbs the Sylvania XtraVision put much more light on the road than the OEM bulbs. I have used both types of the Sylvania bulbs in my Monty Carlo. Sorry I can't help you with locating a set in Canada though. I got mine at an auto parts chain store, Strauss Auto. Isn't there a place to locate a delaer on the Sylvania web site. If not, I would e-mail them and ask who distributes their lamp products in Canada. If all else fails think about HID's which is the way I went in the G6. Good luck

Comment

At O'Reilly's we only have Eiko OEM bulbs, we don't even offer Sylvanias. The only bulbs we can order or Nokya Ultra Whites which the part numbers are 7218 (NOK) for the Low Beams and Fog Lights, and 7225 (NOK) for the High Beams. I have some on order, I'll get back to you with how bright they are. For me the cost is only 20$ but I think normal costs are like 35$.

Comment

You tried PartSource?

Granted they are CT really, but they have a bit more specialty parts. Or maybe go for an HID kit :P.
        <-- Gray G6? Click!
        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
          You tried PartSource?

Granted they are CT really, but they have a bit more specialty parts. Or maybe go for an HID kit :P.
          I'll have to check them out. Bulbs will be a start though, HID's are quite a bit of money.

Comment

There's a group buy going on...

Or you can go VVME, but I've heard really mixed reviews of them. A friend who drives an RSX has them and didn't report any issues.
            <-- Gray G6? Click!
            2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
            2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
            Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

I had Silverstars in my Grand Am. I liked them. They were alot better than the OEM bulbs. Never had the Xtravision so I can't say anything about those.
              Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
              I <3 Cody.

No homo.
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Our bulbs H11/H9 are a bit of an oddball. I think they are a newer design and thus less offering on the Aftermarket.

Phillips new Crystal Vision bulbs are now available for our cars. The low beams are phillips p/n H11CVS2, this is for both low beams and should be around $35.00 for a pair.

I have Silverstars in our S-10, nice improvement over stock. The newer Silverstar Ultras should be even better.
                Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Pep Boys is currently offering a $10 rebate on the Silverstars or Ultras. They didn't have the Ultras in the H11 size, so I got a pair of Silverstars. $29.99 after the rebate.

Rebate runs thru Jan 3, 2010.

Comment

if you dont want to get them, let me know.

i have a some spare OEM bulbs i dont need

Comment

I have the Sylvania H11ST/2 bulbs in my 6 and they work great. Very bright, I haven't changed the fogs to this brand yet, and I can tell the new bulbs are whiter and brighter than the OEM bulbs. Got them at Advanced Auto for around $35.00 for the pair.
                      Kicker KS 6930's 3-Way Rear
                      Kicker DS 650's 2-Way Front
                      Silver Star 4000k Low Beams
                      CRAB Intake : Full System Upgrade and Resonator Removed
                      Racingline : Engine Ground Kit
                      30% Tint Sides and Rear & Windshield Strip
                      Interior Door Trim at Handles and Driver Side Switch Housing : Black
                      Pontiac Dart Overlays : Front, Back and Steering Wheel : Black
                      Headlight Tint and Eyelids : Black, and Tinted Tails
                      Partial DeBadge : GM Badges Removed
                      Chrome Exhaust Tip

Comment

I put my Silverstars in 2 days ago, but was not impressed yesterday morning driving to work. The beam cutoff at the upper edge was severe, and limited the distance the light was thrown. I sure could see what I was about to run over very clearly!!!

A 30 second re-aiming last night, and wow! These bulbs are great! They really make road signs and road reflectors pop out at you from a much greater distance. I am a very happy camper.

Comment

Working...
                        X