Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about getting Serius

Hello everyone,
    I have a '06 G6, its just the base 4cyl model, nothing fancy, but I have been thinking about upgrading my sound system, because I dont believe the current setup allows me to PnP Sirius Satellite radio. Hopefully you guys can answer a couple of questions I have though.

1. Does, the Monsoon sound system allow me to hook up Sirius, and if so, who should I talk to about having it installed?

2. Im not rediculously into stereo systems, and I like the standard system that came with my G6 but I would like it to be just a tad bit louder, is the Monsoon worth the money?

Thank you.
    Only two things are infinite; The Universe and Human stupidity, and Im not to sure about the former. -Albert Einstien

Since most of the people will tell you to use the search function, I'll save you some time. If you're going to do Sirius Satellite radio, get yourself a Kenwood. Kenwood was the first company to come out with hardware for the Sirius Satellite connection.

Monsoon is monsoon, the speakers are monsoon so at least keep those, get yourself some bass for a more defined sound.

I believe you could keep your existing stereo and go wireless over FM transmission if you don't mind the quality. Therein lies the problem though. My experiences with ota (ove the air) frequencies is that it sucks. Get yourself something that plugs into the stereo.

Doesn't the monsoon headunits come with a connection port for like say....Ipods on the front??
    Racing in a Honda is like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded.

Ignorance isn't bliss, it's moronic.

Comment

connection port for the 2007s only...GM was making a conversion kit to use Sirius with the stock monsoon head unit, but i haven't heard anything about it lately
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Thank you for the info guys. Now, for the Kenwood, should I go though my dealer or should I try Kenwood directly? This is my first new car and my first upgrade to it, so I am completly inept on the proper way to go about these simple tasks. So thanks for your patience.
        Only two things are infinite; The Universe and Human stupidity, and Im not to sure about the former. -Albert Einstien

Comment

Sirius

I've had my Sirius radio installed for about 2 months now and I love it. I got it installed at Best Buy and it cost me about 250 or 300 all together. I think the monthly rates run about the same for Sirius and XM (12 bucks a month). Here are some pics of it...

It says acquiring signal because my car is in the garage. That is the only thing bad about Sirius and I'm sure XM as well. If you drive through a tunnel, or a bridge, or anything solid for that matter it gets all fussy and quits working. [/img]
          -Amanda
          2006 G6 GT
          "The G Spot" lol
          loaded and all that good stuff (-onstar and XM)
          Sirius Sportster Replay
          2 Alpine 12's, Alpine Amp....yea I'm cool.

Comment

Working...
          X