lower grill removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower grill removal

does anyone know how to take out the lower grill? i wanted to paint the whole thing but dont wanna tape off my whole front end. any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's stuck on with tape. From what I've heard, you just kind of peel it off using a screwdriver or something to kind of work the adhesive and get it off. Then you'd have to reapply tape to put it back on obviously.

Comment

well i tried that yesterday but it didnt seem to work. and it seems like theres a couple of rivet-like things like on the rear valence. and i didnt know how to remove those.

Comment

There are 4 tabs, 2 on each side on top of grill. I had a tough time myself, I didnt pull the tabs off i just pulled them. After you pull those, take a blade (box cutter) and a flat head screwdriver and pry and cut the tape very slowly. Just remember to pry on the side of the grill not the bumper, or that will leave a mark on you bumper's paint job.
        You wont have to worry about applying more tape when you reinstall. It should still have enough to stick, plus you still have those tabs.

Comment

yeh there are a few tabs...4 i guess i dont remember....pull those like any normal tabs and then it is just the tape all the way across top and bottom...it is hard stuff to cut thru, take your time and work with it

and i would put tape back on it....get the tape originally came on it off the car and the grill and then reapply some double sided car tape to reinstall it

it will look great and factory if you do it right

Comment

thanks guys. i definitely figured it out and got em off and painted. and put on new glue. ill have pics up hopefully tomorrow after i wash her. shes pretty dirty.

Comment

Re: lower grill removal

Ok, so I got my lower chrome grills today and want to put them in, but I am having some problems. I tried removing the black ones and cut around getting the 2 sided tape cut, but it still seems to be stuck around the fog light. The instructions say to remove that first, how do I do this?

Another question I have is when you put the chrome ones in, how do you put the clips on in the back?

Any how to's would be great, I searched but this is all I found.
              Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

There use to be a HOW TO on this. Did you check?
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I did look through the how to section but did not see anything.

Comment

Ok, so I got them in, don't worry I will post pics later.

For those of you who want to know how I did it I started by cutting out the two way tape on the old ones. There were 2 plastic plugs on the top that had to be removed, also for those of you with front license plates that has to come off.

Once all the tape is cut out you can pull them out, start at the end opposite of the fog light, be careful because the tape may re-stick, slowly pull it out, some force may be needed but not too much.

Once they are out it is time to put the new ones back in. What I did was put one side in at a time, with one side out I reached through the opening to put the clips on in the back, this worked pretty well. For putting the other one in I had to remove the 5 bolts holding the plastic panel under the front, by the air dam. Those 5 bolts did not completely remove it but gives enough room to reach in and get the clips on.

Comment

Working...
                    X