f40 clutch type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f40 clutch type

Recently I bought a GT and love it. Sad to say I only drove it 100 miles or so before I noticed that the clutch was slipping, then soon after toast. I’ve seen the similar accounts on the board, so I want to put a beefier clutch in. I realize that no one currently makes them so this only leave a custom application. After talking to a shop they need to know if it’s a “pull” or a “push” type (Slave cylinder I think) to determine price and whether they can do it or not. Yes, I do realize I "push" the clutch in, but I'm talking about the innards.

So, has anyone done this before and what are the specs for the clutch? Is it a push or a pull? A parts diagram would be helpful but have yet to see one.
    Lastly the shop quoted me (ball park) $300 for the clutch, and rebuilt pressure plate, assuming he could do it of course. Sound reasonable?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

trax

Re: f40 clutch type

Just to verify you have a 2007 GT with the 3.9L and F40 6 speed right?
    That's the only GT that has the F40 6 speed, the rest were all 2006 GTP's with 3.9L.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

yep, 2007 3.9 6 speed

Comment

As far as I know there are not to many options for clutch replacements for the F40. GM abandoned it after a year of production because they had a lot of problems with it, I believe clutch wearing quick was one of them. There are quite a few F40 owners on here that should be able to help you. One just had his entire tranny replaced under warranty, after fighting for it o be covered....

Us T-56's have it easy I can just swap in LS7 clutches from the Z06, and there's tons of aftermarket Monster clutches for it...
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

PM cjlink. I know he's done a ton of research when it comes to the F40 as he wants aftermarket stuff too.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

The dealer just called, they are going to do it at no cost to me, with the custom clutch. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I think I got lucky with a 1 in a million dealership that will actually take care of you.

Comment

Working...
            X