How do you get side mirrors off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get side mirrors off?

Is there a easy way to get the side mirror off my G6 GTP ? I would like to get them painted to match the car.
    06 G6 GTP 6sp Silver Sweet !!!!! PONTIAC

Top trim piece were the small speaker is at should come off or you might have to take off the whole door trim. Then behind it will be 3 - 10mm nuts that hold the mirror.
    2006 GT, GTP Ulra-Bright Wheels, GTP Exhaust, Painted dual lower valence, Middle mirrors, Bottom rocker panels, Red Calipers, GM Strut Bar, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, G6 all weather floor mats, Debadged, Chrome lower grill accents and Chrome shift knob
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645473

JUST ARRIVE: CRAB INTAKE!!!

Comment

you may be able to find some in a junk yard. I was looking at a car ...i think a malibu... but it had painted mirrors that looked exactly like g6 mirrors. The only thing is the arm wasnt painted just the dome around the glass portion was. I guess my thought was factory paint would be better and if you could find a junked one anyway... it would be cheaper. finding a junked one will be difficult but IMO body and paint shops blow so it would be worth it
      06' GTP Coupe 6MT

Comment

Easiest way to get the mirrors off is to drive quickly through a narrow gap. Accelerate if not successful the first time.
        I'M A TURNHUG6ER!

Comment

Originally posted by wvleadfoot78
          Easiest way to get the mirrors off is to drive quickly through a narrow gap. Accelerate if not successful the first time.
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by wvleadfoot78
            Been there, done that!

I managed to lose two driver's side mirrors on my last car. First time was while I was paying attention to the jeep that was literally an inch from my passenger side mirror, the car stopped on what I thought was a bump, so I hit the gas harder and ripped the mirror off with a tree.

Second time is when I ended up scraping a concrete barrier on the highway. <- DON'T DRIVE LATE AT NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE TIRED!

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Sounds like that would work, but putting them back on after you brake them off, won't work to good.
              06 G6 GTP 6sp Silver Sweet !!!!! PONTIAC

Comment

You are so narrow minded. Buzzkill.
                I'M A TURNHUG6ER!

Comment

Originally posted by silverGTP
                  Sounds like that would work, but putting them back on after you brake them off, won't work to good.
                  Hmm.. actually that whole tree thing would have been avoided had my Grand Am come with foldable mirrors like ours.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I didn't even know our mirrors folded until yesterday, when I bumped one with my shoulder waxing my car.

Good to know...

Comment

our mirrors fold in?!?!?1

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

No.. they fold out.. (frontward)

sigpic

Comment

confused.

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

meaning, if you are gonna scrape a tree... make sure you do it in reverse
                            Originally posted by TLS2000
                            Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                            GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

push the reflective side of the mirror towards your door and you'll hear cracking as it tries to bend the window trim. Push the non-reflective side towards the a-pillar and it will fold.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X