Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the "Best" oil filter for the 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the "Best" oil filter for the 6?

Just like it says above what are your guys opinions on what the best oil filter for the 6 is? Are there any that we should stay away from? This will probebly be more opion based more th an anything but what does everybody think? All opinions and advice is much appreciated...
    Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
    INDIAN WARRIORS
    1926-2010

Re: What is the "Best" oil filter for the 6?

Any and all fram filters are junk. All done by 3rd party reviews

I use puraltor 1 filters. Never had an issue and reviews from 3rd parties have been good

I havent used or know the cost of them but royal purple has came out with a performance filter that is supose to go 12K miles before needing changed, so you can do 3 oil changed before needing changed. Also dont know if one is made for the G6 either
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I use Mobil 1 Filters.

Haven't had a problem.

And about the Fram

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
      Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
      Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

I use AMSOIL Synthetic oil and filter, very long lasting, and they have performance oil, which I use and works wonders

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
        you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
        CarDomainMySpace

Comment

I just use a good ole pf48 in mobil 1

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
          4 door mafia
          93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
          8000k hid's
          Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
          Rotofab cai and radiator cover
          13.207@107.11
          330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

Other than Fram or Delco I couldn't really find anything else around here, so I just use a Delco PF47. And she's always been dealer serviced, so it's still Delco.
            <-- Gray G6? Click!
            2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
            2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
            Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Re: What is the &quot;Best&quot; oil filter for the 6?

Wix filters i hear are pretty good

personaly i use AC Delco but i belive i read once that there actually made by Wix or something like that

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

i've only had AC delco filters....and i don't even know what kinda oil...every oil change has been done at the dealership...
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

i use k and n performance gold oil filters with royal purple synthetic oil thats what i've used since i bought my 6

Comment

i try to use Mobile 1 if i can but lately just been using fram. but i always use Mobile 1 oil

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                    Originally posted by ahuhn
                    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

i use to use fram filters on my truck but when i bought my 6 i decided to do research and saw that Fram basically sucks so i went Pureone filters from there on.

Comment

I use K&N for my 6.
                        MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

I use K&N hp2006 and am VERY happy with it. It is also super fast to change your oil with this filter because it has a 1" nut on one end for fast easy removal and tightening!!
                          2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

on the k&n hp2006!! It's the best filter ever, and of course I use nothin but mobile 1.
                            sigpic
                            Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

First of all thanks for all of your info I never had herd anything bad about Fram untill now but thats what I was buying. Today I went to the local Advanced Auto and decided to go with a K&N filter because, like me has one nut. and I really like the air filter and intake I have. How much am I supposed to tighten the filter? I think my old Fram filters said to tighten until snug then 3/4 of a turn past that to seal it. Does that sound good?
                              Thanks again to everyone!!!
                              Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
                              INDIAN WARRIORS
                              1926-2010

Comment

Working...
                              X