Windows scratch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows scratch!

I went to get my car tinted yesterday the owner pointed out to me that my windows are scratch when I open and closing the windows and you should get this fix at your dealership. This only applies to the front seats windows only because I notice there is marking on the windows when roll it down and back up. The owner told me that last week he had another G6 here has the same thing but worst than mine anyways I thank him for mentioning this to me. Do you guys know anything about this??

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

I have a roller mark on my front drivers side window. The tint isn't scratched, but I can hear it as it rolls up and down. Sounds like something is wrapped around the roller in the door.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I spotted the scratches it is where the roller mark on my front windows!! Looks like back to dealer next weekend!!

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

I dont have any scratches, i just get a greese mark on the window in the drivers door.
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

there's a weird scratch on my rear window...actually it's like a few scratches in the same spot, but I can't feel them in the window.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
            I dont have any scratches, i just get a greese mark on the window in the drivers door.
            Yeah get the same thing! its really anoying!
            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

I don't have anything on mine, but I also don't roll my windows down much at all.

Comment

I have a scratch on my passenger front window and I can feel the impression. It's as if someone took a box cutter and slid it down the glass. It's only noticable to me, but I hate to look at it.
                "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

Comment

The friend of mine tha tinted my widows (has his own shop) Said that the Ford zx3 does it too, along with a couple other cars. He said he believes its the roller, that its secrured with a allum. washer and thats whats doing it. I said " OH, ok.. But if you EVER compare my car with that POS Ford, Ill kick your A$$" LMAO. Anyway, thats the explanation i got....

Comment

would the dealer fix this?

Comment

Dont know you could give it a shot... couldnt hurt.

Comment

To the guys/gals that have the scratch, how is it affecting your tint?
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I have it, scratch in my tint, well roller mark. I will be making a trip to the dealer to investigate.

Mine makes a small squeal when the window goes up and I bet that is from rubbin on the window.

I have the box cutter like lines in my tint. From what I can tell it is only the driver's side!

John
                          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Yup, I've got the roller mark on my drivers side window only. I also just noticed that I inherited the damn squeaking noise from the seats or whatever. I have to find that thread now to see if it was ever resolved.

Comment

Okay, can someone describe these scratches in a bit more detail (or a pic)? Are they vertical (up and down) or horizontal (across) the window? I have a very small, very sharp horizontal scratch - just one - in my tint on the driver's side window about even with the outside mirror when the window is all the way up. Looks like someone took a razor or something and drew a very precise line about 3-4 inches long in my tint. I didn't even notice it until I started reading this thread. Is this what you are seeing?

(Rev) Greg
                              (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

Working...
                              X