Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just installed HIDs, how do you tilt them up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just installed HIDs, how do you tilt them up?

I just installed the McCullough HIDs from the group buy and i noticed some people said they needed to tilt them up a little bit, i think i need to do that also, how do you do it? I couldnt see how to adjust just the bulb, im guessing you tilt the casing. Thanks for the help!

yea right above the headlight there are adjusters. You need an allen key to turn them. The chrome flat piece at the bottom of the headlight is what tilts up and down.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

ohhhhhh, i was wondering what the hell those things were hahaha, im gonna adjust my fogs too, i put the nokyas i had in my normal headlights in there, thanks a lot!

Comment

i just tried it today, i turned the thing all the way to one side and couldnt tell a difference, is it really noticable? or am i doing something wrong, i also couldnt tell a difference when doing the foglights.

Comment

You need to make a reference point as to where the lights are first, against your house/wall or whatever. Then adjust the lights-believe me they'll move. There were two of us who originally did the HID's and we both had to adjust the hell outta them-up that is. They are so high that the HIGH's shoot into the sky.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

if i adjusted my hids higher...i be blinding everyone...guess mine came fully optimized,lol

Comment

I just stand about 20 feet in front of the car and adjust them until they start to glare at the same height.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
              X