This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Leak Somewhere in car!!!

Hi, i just got my 2005 G6 GT. and it is leaking. my rear floor on the drivers side is all wet. i originally thought this was because the dealer shampood the carpet, but after last nights rainstorm there is clearly more water on the floor. has anyone else had a sinilar issue? and if so, what was the problem because the dealer said they saw nothing wrong with the panoramic roof.

My GT is a fully loaded auto with a slapstick and the 3.5 liter v6. thanks!
    2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

haven't heard of that.. in my coupe when I got through a carwash and th edryers come on, sometimes water forces it's way through the window gasket.. kind of annoying becuase I have to clean the inside of the window every time I go to the car wash.

Soudns stupid.. you sure the rear window was all the way up?? :
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

yeah definately. i'll give a little backround on the car first. number one it was a buyback BECAUSE the roof was leaking. now i was under the impression that any GM buyback is to be 100% fixed BEFORE it is offered for resale to the public. now i know that the leak issue is covered under warranty, but what are the chances they won't be able to fix it? thanks again
      2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Comment

A little ole' saying- 3 strikes and you're out.

Take again.. then again, can not fix it, things a lemon once again and they buy it back from you. May wanna take it to another dealership that does "investigating" too. Example, my sister Grand Am developed a leak that we thought was in the sunroof. After a rain, both seats would be fairly wet and their'd be a small puddle in the cupholders. By the time we got it to them, all was dry and well. They simply hooked up a shower head to a matal stand, water hose, and let it "rain" on the car for a LONG time for them to find exactly where the leak was. so...

Just remeber, don't EVER say.. "Will they not fix it, or blah blah". They damn well, or GM goes 20,000 bucks in the hole.

Comment

thanks for the info. i put it in the shop today. the only things i have working for me on this one are the facts that this dealer ship never originally did the work on the car, so it's a set of fresh eyes working on it. and two, am personal friends with the several of the managers including the gm center branch manager at this location. there's no doubt that they will fix the prob in time, but i figured if anyone knew anything about it, i could give them a heads up and expedite the whole process a little. i will say that i have noticed a few of the quirks a lot of people complain about. for example the electric power steering when started cold does not engage emmediately, it can take in upwards of 15 - 30 seconds for it to come active. off hand do you guys know any reliable sites for recalls? thanks again for you help

2005 G6 GT. stealth grey mettalic - panaramic roof - all other options included

Comment

Yes, Alldata.com lists everything from TSB to recalls. I posted a link up on this site under teh trouble shooting forum.. lemme go find it

*running down hallway*

Mmkay, go here. http://www.g6performance.com/forum/v...6e7b67ea59e8d9

Scroll down to my first post, and botta bing. All the car pr0n you could ever want... for TSB's. :P

Comment

That sucks to hear, hopefully they will get the problem fixed. Let us all know whats going on with it.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

i just got off horn with my dealership and they say that they found what they think the problem was. they also gave me some backround. apparently GM was slacking before they auctioned the car. GM claimed that the car was infact fixed before they auctioned it. my dealership said they never had a reason to check or think differently, so they just assumed it was fixed, and when i bought it they went over the moon roof with a fine tooth comb. they said that there was no issue with the roof (which there isn't) but after the rainstorm they came to the conclusion that GM never checked for a leak period. they are currently climbing up GM's %$^&!! and making them pay for all the repairs. (which could posibly total in the thousands for diagnosing the problem alone. but they did give me a rental. hopefully that's the only problem i have.... TBC....

Comment

Sounds like a lot of confusion...

What rental did you get?
                  2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

As my Dad says, "Don't give me the thousand dollar hole in the roof, that is just asking for trouble." I got one anyway... Good luck!

John
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

i ended up getting a 2006 impaBLAH for a rental. your typical american grocery getter with a whole lotta upgraded NOTHING. oh well they said that one of the drainage tracks was busted and that's why it was leaking. they also said they are gonna test it like three or four times to be sure they fixed it. to be continued.

maybe just maybe i will get my car back before fishing season and then i could be a real boy!!!

Comment

good news!!! i got my car back Friday, and am now in the process of getting a class action alwsuit together against Toyota America for the engine gelling / rod throwing issue my camry had. wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadriel
                          good news!!! i got my car back Friday, and am now in the process of getting a class action alwsuit together against Toyota America for the engine gelling / rod throwing issue my camry had. wish me luck!
                          Nice very nice, get the rice out of America
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                          X