Steering Clunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Clunk

Hey guys, i just had a quick question. My buddy is looking at getting a 6, we looked at a few nice ones but the one he was most interested in had the steering clunk going on. I dno if the car is still under warranty how much would it cause him just to go get it done??

Re: Steering Clunk

Intermediate Shaft in the steering is worn. Mine did it too. It is a warranty fix if he has one. Just make sure they put the boot back around the shaft. The dealer forgot on mine and the engine noise in the car was really really loud.

Comment

if he is still looking at buying the car, tell him to throw that into the deal. I wouldn't doubt most dealers would agree to just replace it whether it is under warranty or not, especially if it is in the process of buying the car. Its a pretty common problem and I can promise that that car wont be the first time they have done it.
      done: CRAB CAB woot woot!, aftermarket black taillights, chrome upper recessed grilles, dual rear valance and gt-r exhaust system, duplicolor red painted calipers with R1 concept e-line drilled and slotted rotors and posi-quiet ceramic brake pads all around
      to do (soon): window tint
      to do, maybe (later): painted headlights, color matched recessed grilles
      need: g6performance.com decals
      cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687601 *not yet updated with the new g6*

Comment

k wicked thanks guys

Comment

Yeah they replaced mine and had some sort of special grease put on it, and replaced the boot. ALL FREE, and that was a 1.5 yrs ago and still no clunking.

Comment

I took mine in for the same problem about 6 months ago they said they replaced the stabalizer link it didnt cost me anything but it still makes that noise is this a common problem with these cars? i was thinking about taking it back so they can look at it again

Comment

Working...
            X