05 G6 V6 Acceleration Squeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 G6 V6 Acceleration Squeal

Hey Guys! I know this is my first post here, but i have been lurking around for quite some time. I have a 2005 G6 V6 and I have a question about it. I hope you guys can help me out!

Whenever I am acceleration and it revs above 3500 to 4000k RPM the engine makes a squealling sound. Also, this noise happens anytime and everytime it revs that hight Is this normal, a belt going bad or something wrose

Thanks! Mike
    Mike # 3!

Might be the belt and the most ovous. push on the belt and if theres more than an inch of play, tighten it up or worse case replace it. If that dosent fix it, take it to the dealer cuz the issue is prob something under warrenty but the belt is most likley the problem
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

The belt is not adjustable. The G6 has an tensioner pulley that keeps the belt tight. It may be dry. Check the belt to see if there are any cracks in the ribs of the belt. Take it to the dealer if there are, otherwise theres a product you can spray on it called belt quiet.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

The belt is not the problem, its very common. The first runs of the 05's had a pcv system that caused that noise. Their is a TSB for it. Take it to the dealer and tell them about the high rpm noise. The TSB requires the dealer to first replace the pcv valve and elbow and if the noise is still present, replace the upper intake manifold with an updated part.

My car did it for the first 50 miles after we bought it, hasn't done it once in the last 4600 miles of use.
        2005 EBM G6 GT

Comment

Originally posted by ADub
          The belt is not the problem, its very common. The first runs of the 05's had a pcv system that caused that noise. Their is a TSB for it. Take it to the dealer and tell them about the high rpm noise. The TSB requires the dealer to first replace the pcv valve and elbow and if the noise is still present, replace the upper intake manifold with an updated part.

My car did it for the first 50 miles after we bought it, hasn't done it once in the last 4600 miles of use.
          I hadn't heard about this problem. Surprised to find it's very common. Did your dealer replace the aforementioned parts?
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Well I guess I am retarded........the pcv tsb is for idle/light acceleration

Here is the one you need high rpm belt squeal.

05-06-01-009 FEB 05 Engine - High RPM Drive Belt Squeal/Odor
            2005 EBM G6 GT

Comment

I also have this noise in my GT but never really worried about it. Kinda anoyying at times though.
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I have the same problem, I'll take it in this week and see if the belt deal fixes it.
                Funny though, it really doesnt sound like a belt to me, either way if the dealership fixes it, i don't care.
                I'll let you guys know what happens
                "Open Your Mind Before You Open Your Mouth Because You Might Be The One Who's Selling Out"

Comment

I have one of the first '05 that came out on the market, and I've never heard anything of the kind. I guess I was lucky.
                  COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
                  Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
                  MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by coulomjo
                    I have one of the first '05 that came out on the market, and I've never heard anything of the kind. I guess I was lucky.
                    I stand corrected! I heard the noise yesterday on my way home from work. It only happens when the car shifts when I accelerate quickly. I'm due for an oil change soon so I'll have it checked out.
                    COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
                    MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

Working...
                    X