Window Tinting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Tinting

I just purchased 35% tint from a reputable Ebay seller. I just have a couple questions:
    1. I have installed tint on 2 of my cars and they turned out good, but when I look at my sedan window molding etc.. it looks like it would be a much harder install. Has anyone installed tint on their sedan?
    2. Is 35% legal in NC? I lived in VA when I did my other 35% tints.
    If everyone thinks it would be too hard to install, does anyone know the cost of getting it tinted at a shop ne Denver, NC (25 miles from Charlotte)?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated because I am planning the install for this weekend.

Re: Window Tinting

Originally posted by hvac999
    I just purchased 35% tint from a reputable Ebay seller. I just have a couple questions:
    1. I have installed tint on 2 of my cars and they turned out good, but when I look at my sedan window molding etc.. it looks like it would be a much harder install. Has anyone installed tint on their sedan?
    2. Is 35% legal in NC? I lived in VA when I did my other 35% tints.
    If everyone thinks it would be too hard to install, does anyone know the cost of getting it tinted at a shop ne Denver, NC (25 miles from Charlotte)?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated because I am planning the install for this weekend.
    yes 35% is legal in NC. actually i believe the law is 32% so you should even have a couple percent margin for error.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Have you heard from anybody if the install is harder than normal. Pontiac did a excellent job sealing the windows, but there is that much more molding to deal with. I was just wondering if that would complicate the install.

Comment

i am not sure. i have a sedan also but haven't looked at tinting the windows myself so i can't really help you. in fact i think most people have had shops do theirs.

Comment

how much does it normally cost to get done?

Comment

I paid $129 for mine (35%) and it is excellent
            Originally posted by TLS2000
            Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
            GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Thanks for the info. By the way, nice car. I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by hvac999
                Thanks for the info. By the way, nice car. I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine.
                thank you, I love my car definitly happy with it

glad to hear you are too
                Originally posted by TLS2000
                Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

IMO if you havent tinted cars be4, you should have bought two sets haha.. ones almost promised to fuck up! I used to do it here and there for about 3 months at a detail shop, I was alright at it but never good enough its not an easy thing to do!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

It can get tough but I actually completed 2 cars with good results. I'll just give it a try.

Comment

Re: Window Tinting

Originally posted by bristol16
                      yes 35% is legal in NC. actually i believe the law is 32% so you should even have a couple percent margin for error.
                      Your gonna need that margin
                      Comming from the factory your windows already shield some of the sun light.
                      If you take one of those meters and hold it up to your windows i garuntee you that it will not read 100% of light. Just something to think about if your worried about that.
                      As for tinting yourself. All the power to ya, i cant stand tinting, i just have no patience for it But if you have had success in the past with cars, give it a shot. The worst that can happen is that you dont like it.
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I just don't do back windows because the are not flat

Comment

i know a guy here in charlotte who quoted me $120 for all 5 windows. he'll even come to your house and do it, although i dont know if hed go to denver. but i know he does really good work. i wouldnt really be worried about the cops and tint here in NC. i know a ton of people who have limo tint and have never gotten pulled. theyre more worried about other things. and i dont think they can just pull you over for tint.

Comment

I'll see how my install goes. I negotiated the tint for all side windows for $24.00 delivered.
                            I may need to get his name if this doesn't work out. Plus, my wife has currently cut me off for car parts for a while. I did pick-up a VERY good looking chrome exhaust tip, 3", whith a built-in resonator from Ebay for $18.00 brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by machomandan0207
                              i know a guy here in charlotte who quoted me $120 for all 5 windows. he'll even come to your house and do it, although i dont know if hed go to denver. but i know he does really good work. i wouldnt really be worried about the cops and tint here in NC. i know a ton of people who have limo tint and have never gotten pulled. theyre more worried about other things. and i dont think they can just pull you over for tint.
                              got a name and address? lol. i went to a place in greensboro and they quoted me $300 but i haven't checked any other places yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X