Intake Resonator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Resonator

Can someone tell me what/where this is and how to remove it, also what does removing it do? My last car was twin turbo to a single turbo converstion so I never delt with airboxes and such!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Thread is found here: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/view ... c&start=15

Basically you take the passenger headlight out, pull the resonator off the bushings holding it in place-the one at the top/back if bolted in place so I just used a chisel to break the mount for it. Then I cut off the side air reservior and pulled the whole thing out. Pretty easy of course someone mentioned it would come right out so I played with it for over an hour trying to get it out, finally just ended up cutting the side tank off of it and came right out in pieces.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

i dont know much about cars. but what happens when you take out the intake resonator?? why would you want to take it out?? Just wondering if i should take mine out or not. thanks.
      05 silver G6 sedan 25% tint all around no mods yet just a few stickers. Saving up for a sport bike.

Comment

"In Theory", any time the intake resonator is removed:

1) Makes the factory intake a bit less restrictive...more power.

2) Takes away some of the noise baffling ability...more sound.
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Kinda makes ya think about just waiting for an aftermarket intake eh?
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Nah just go for it, take it out and you will hear the difference. Mine didn't sound much different at first but the more I drove the car is seemed like the louder it got. With the windows down you can definitely hear the difference in sound. GO FOR IT.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

looking for help.

how do i get the passenger light out. i took out screws and all but i cant get the light out.
              05 silver G6 sedan 25% tint all around no mods yet just a few stickers. Saving up for a sport bike.

Comment

It's kinda tough. First you need to pop it out of the ball joint on the left outer side, just pull on that side and you should hear it pop out. Then you gotta wiggle the assembly out through the front. You did loosen the front bumper right?
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

You have to pry the ball joint away from the passenger fender, then pull the front fascia away from the car by taking out all the push pins that hold it on. Then you just have to work at the light housing to get the whole thing out. Look in your owners manual, it has descriptive instructions and pictures on taking the housings out.

Comment

how hard do i have to pull on light on the left fender side to get it out. i was pulling pretty hard and it wouldnt budge. but i will try it agian thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sicilia_07
                      how hard do i have to pull on light on the left fender side to get it out. i was pulling pretty hard and it wouldnt budge. but i will try it agian thanks.
                      PUSS. Pull the damn thing. haaha just kidding, I haven't tried removing any of that yet. so just ignore this post. but seriously, maybe just consider waiting on an aftermarket Cold Air Induction system. The performance gains of doing this mod are very very minimal if not completely non-existant. Only real benefit is the sound.
                      Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
                      GT-R Exhaust System
                      K&N Typhoon CAB
                      EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
                      EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

Working...
                      X