How long do you think G6 will last without major maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do you think G6 will last without major maintenance

Hello, if you only do normal maintenance such as changing the oil and air filter on time, how long do you think the G6 is built to last? Because for some reason I am driving over 1,000 miles per month, which is weird since it doesn't seem like I am driving that much. I hope that it lasts at least 150,000 miles before tearing up like my last car. My last car needed so many fixes that I just decided to trade it in.

Re: How long do you think G6 will last without major maintenance

Normal maintenance is so much more than just an oil and filter change though.. A lot of maintenance is also preventative too, so if you neglect to do your preventative maintenance on top of your normal maintenance... then the G6 will be in just as sad a shape that your old vehicle was in by 150,000 miles.

Transmission Fluid - Flush every 50,000 miles
    Coolant- 5years/150,000 miles (I'd actually do that sooner than 5 years though)
    Brake Fluid- Flush every 2 years
    Brakes- well, kinda depends on how you drive...
    Rotate your tires every 12,000 miles (I rotate mine every 5,000-7,000 because of a rear camber issue.)

It's just a small list of things I've been taught that require regular maintenance, and what is specified in the G6 owners manual.
    106,000 MILES!
    There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
    Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

Don't forget about the smaller stuff too... lubricating the weatherstrips, door locks, inspecting components for damage, etc.
      <-- Gray G6? Click!
      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Can you use Beyond 2000 vinyl spray on the weatherstrips? I assume you are referring to the ones around the doors correct? Thanks

Comment

I use dielectric grease, as recommended in the manual. Any electronics store should have it. I got it for 12.95 for 85ml. I used a tad bit and managed to lube all the strips, so it should last quite some time.
          <-- Gray G6? Click!
          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Working...
          X