These windshield wipers SUCK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These windshield wipers SUCK!!!

I've had my 2008 G6 for almost a year now. The windshield wipers are needing to be replaced BADLY. Apparently, some mega douche bag at GM, thought it would be a great idea to design some sort of fancy release for their windshield wipers. I can't find any that have that little clip. I figured out that I could take the end of the wiper off and pull the rubber part of the wiper out. I bought new wiper blades, pulled the rubber out of them, and tried to get it into the G6 wiper. That didn't work either. The rubber on the replacement blades is too thick. I called the GM dealer, and the guy had no idea what I was talking about. He said to just replace them with aftermarket wipers. Surely, there is a wiper that will fit in there. Anybody know which one? I'd like to drop kick somebody in the face at GM. What a retarded wiper blade. Oh, I'm no idiot either. I could rebuild the engine in this thing, but these wiper blades are pissing me off!!!
    Matt
    2008 G6
    3.5L V6

Re: These windshield wipers SUCK!!!

I haven't replaced mine yet and I've had mine for 3 years, although its getting to be that time. There's compatibility charts usually at the store to tell you which ones to buy and online, those charts haven't failed me for my previous cars so try them

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
    G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Just go to the dealer and buy new blades.. $49.50 for mine. Same price as any aftermarket here.

Lunch breaks are the heroes of my stomache!
      Mods:

Comment

2006 Pontiac G6
        Trico NeoForm Blade - Driver Side 16-2413 $19
        Trico Exact Fit Blade - Driver Side 24-13 $11

Trico NeoForm Blade - Passenger Side 16-2113 $18
        Trico Exact Fit Blade - Passenger Side 21-13 $9

Anyone who pays $50 for dealer blades is a fool.

Trico blades are available at any advance auto and i believe autozone.
        2009 PONTIAC G8
        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I've looked at every single aftermarket blade I can find. We don't have Auto Zone here in Alaska, but we do have Wal-Mart, Car Quest, NAPA, etc. I've looked at them all and none of them have this little clip. I'm aware that the blades are listed in the books next to the blades. They don't fit this clip! I'm wondering if the 2008 is different? My dad has a 2006 G6 and doesn't have this problem. I even tried to take the wiper blade apart and replace just the rubber, but it's shaped ever so slightly different than the aftermarket stuff, so it doesn't fit. At least on the Aftermarket stuff I've tried. I tried the rubber in the Rain-X wiper, and the rubber in the ARCO wiper. None will fit in there. I'd like to drop kick somebody in the nuts at GM right now. Here's some pics of my clips.

Matt
          2008 G6
          3.5L V6

Comment

I believe that's part of the blade itself, and you need to take the "clip" off the wiper arm...
            2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
            2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
            1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

Originally posted by leaveitsmokin
              I believe that's part of the blade itself, and you need to take the "clip" off the wiper arm...
              Nope. Doesn't come off. Trust me. I've tried it all. I'm very mechanically inclined. I was a mechanic for 10 years. I could repair anything on this car. Provided that I have the correct parts, which I don't for these stupid wiper blades. Wiper blades of all things, should not be this big of an issue. What if I were out in some silly little town and needed wiper blades, and the closest GM dealer was a few hundred miles away? This is stupid.
              Matt
              2008 G6
              3.5L V6

Comment

Yeah the wiper blade design as good as they maybe suck since very few automotive retailers carry those blades. Your best bet would be to order them online or buy them at the dealer. Mine were shot and I searched high and low for them, going to walmart, pepboys, napa, strauss. Nothing at any of them. Autozone and advanced auto were not close to where i lived and at the time of high gas prices I couldnt justify driving 30+ miles just to go to one for wiper blades.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                  $50 CAD, $43 USD they were the same price as any aftermarkets here.. and Tricos didn't fit.

Lunch breaks are the heroes of my stomache!
                  Mods:

Comment

Yours are different than mine. Mine have 2 dumb little tabs.
                    Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                    I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                    Originally posted by ahuhn
                    i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Whatever brand the blades are suck forsure, Mines is falling apart already. :S
                      Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Originally posted by StruttinSoul
                        Originally posted by ragingfish
                        $50 CAD, $43 USD they were the same price as any aftermarkets here.. and Tricos didn't fit.
                        What does fit then? Other than going through the dealer
                        My Cardomain Page

20% all around black tint, 17” black MSR-040 rims, red calipers, 3rd brake overlay, tinted tails, black emblem overlays, front & rear Alpine speakers, 2-10" Alpine subs, 500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp
                        Mods planned soon: On hold for now
                        Future Mods: 18" MSR's, 6000K HIDs, Interior LED's, Metra kit w/ Alpine CDE-102
                        Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
                        LOL. Freakin Sara... you and your AWESOME Gyna!!!

Comment

there was another wiper thread somewhere and people have put some rainx ones on and they rocked. i just installed some rainx ones on my gf's corolla and they are the shit...
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

I got a great deal on some ANCO blades a while back. Check out this thread, not sure if they've still got the rebate going though:

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=24584&hilit=+anco

I'm really happy with them, and they have the right clip to attach. Like I say in the posts though, be careful because they go on in the opposite direction as you take off the stock ones and I broke the little clip off of mine. You don't need to force it, and if you're trying you're doing it wrong haha.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

Go to advance auto and get some of the new rain-x blades. I know they fit, I have replaced many of them b/c I work there. They just started to carry them about 2-3 months ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X