stock gtp exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock gtp exhaust?

well after looking at the stock exhaust i was disapointed that its a singal pipe to 2 tips

in my opinion it looks very restrictive and doesnt have the sound i would like

once the car is paid off and i have extra cash i want to build a true dual exhaust system using mandrel bent Stainless steel pipes

has anyone doen so? or anyone upgraded the exhaust and noticed any improvements??
    2006 G6 GTP
    no mods

2000 Daewoo lanos SE
    turbo@10psi with 2.5 exhaust
    full custom fiberglass interior/speaker incloser's
    17" BSA wheels (13lbs each) wraped with bridgestone potenza's

I plan on doing this in the future as soon as some companys come out with some more aftermarket parts for the 6er.

It will be tuff squeezin (2) pipes back in the small area that is available but it can and will be done.
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Re: stock gtp exhaust?

Originally posted by GsixIN
      well after looking at the stock exhaust i was disapointed that its a singal pipe to 2 tips

once the car is paid off and i have extra cash i want to build a true dual exhaust system using mandrel bent Stainless steel pipes

has anyone doen so? or anyone upgraded the exhaust and noticed any improvements??
      You should spend a little more time reading the web site. Theres even a sticky in this forum regarding exhaust work. Even my sig shows that.
      Read up. Theres plenty of exhaust work being done.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Re: stock gtp exhaust?

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT

You should spend a little more time reading the web site. Theres even a sticky in this forum regarding exhaust work. Even my sig shows that.
        Read up. Theres plenty of exhaust work being done.
        I concur. And even though I have never seen/heard a GTR system in person, I also agree with the many members here who have it installed that it's top-notch, and the performance gains claims are not exaggerated.

However I HAVE seen and heard ELEC's custom setup. IT IS AWESOME. I can only imagine how it would perform on my 3900.

My car is only 4 months old, and I'm still on the fence about which way to go with my exhaust. But it will definately be one of those two options.

I suggest you read ELEC's post on his custom system, and read the MANY posts about the GTR system. IMO, both are OUTSTANDING. You may also want to check into the write ups of several other members as well.

KMAN for one, has a really hot exhaust too!

In the absence of any commercially available Headers-to-Tailpipe systems, this site has some incredibly inventive and creative members who have taken up the challenge and done some great work. Their exhaust systems are noteworthy, and should be looked at. They have taught us all a lot.

If you also get that creative we hope you'll share what you come up with, so the rest of us can benefit from your work as well! Good luck!

:smoke:
        SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
        Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
        CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
        Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

I don't believe that anyone has done a true dual system yet. It would be interesting to see, but like Kyle (#2) said, it would be a pain to squeeze the pipes through there-- heck, I'd try it anyway

As for other exhaust work, yeah... there is the kit that member GT-R makes, and several other people have had custom stuff done, just search for it. I'm sure you will find plenty of pics/clips.

Edit: just read the post above mine... it went up while I was typing this and is alot more useful
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

kman has dual mufflers under his
            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

still not a 'true dual' though, i.e. two headers -> two cats -> two mufflers -> two exhausts

each bank of the engine separate the whole way

Comment

i think it's as close as you'll get in this car for a reasonable price at least
                -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
                  i think it's as close as you'll get in this car for a reasonable price at least
                  I agree... a true dual on a V6... is really more trouble than it is worth

Comment

There is not enough space in the structural tunnel to fit two pipes. To do it right, you would need to have 2.5" diameter piping, which I don't see happening under the car. I agree, it would be more trouble than it is worth.
                    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                    Forge Motorsports BPV
                    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

True Dual is not worth it, for the reasons already stated. I knew of one guy who did it on his GP and it was not worth it!
                      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Even if the parts fit, I'm not sure you could get it through smog testing if that is something done in your area. I have not been under mine yet (bought it 2 days ago) but from what others are saying, the tunnel is pretty tight.

Hope you can figure a way to do it. If you do, get it dyno'd before and after so we can see what the performance/hp/torque gains are.

cool idea if you can pull it off.

Jeff
                        My 07 G6 Convertible
                        http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...6/IMG_0394.jpg

My 76 Vette
                        http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/P4240002.jpg

Comment

here where i live there is a lack of performace shops/dyno's (none) and we have no emisions. my idea was to open up a shop with a dyno one day

you guys are prolly right that its not worth it but the 3.9 has a great sound
                          and i want to HEAR it
                          2006 G6 GTP
                          no mods

2000 Daewoo lanos SE

Comment

here where i live there is a lack of performace shops/dyno's (none) and we have no emisions. my idea was to open up a shop with a dyno one day

you guys are prolly right that its not worth it but the 3.9 has a great sound
                            and i want to HEAR it
                            where are you from?

Comment

Helena Montana

its a cool place to live if you dont mind not doing much
                              2006 G6 GTP
                              no mods

2000 Daewoo lanos SE

Comment

Working...
                              X