Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurst announces Pontiac H.O. G8 and G6 W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurst announces Pontiac H.O. G8 and G6 W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurst announces Pontiac H.O. G8 and G6

Originally posted by autoblog.com
    The Pontiac brand may be on its way out the door, but that doesn't mean it can't have one last fling with a renowned tuner. Hurst Performance Vehicles, the legendary shifter company that most recently has made waves with its Hemi Challenger, announced its new H.O. program for the Pontiac G6 and G8. Few details have been released regarding the performance upgrades of the cars, but each will feature Hurst's signature black/gold or white/gold paint scheme, forged alloy Hurst wheels, an exclusive Hurst shifter, supercharged engine, suspension upgrades, and a newly trimmed interior.

To help with the development of the car, Hurst also brought on performance icon "Doc" Watson, who developed such vehicles as the Hurst Hemi-Under-Glass and the 1972 Pontiac SSJ. Only 52 Hurst H.O. Pontiacs will be built along with ten G6 convertibles used as parade and special event vehicles. More details regarding the performance upgrades will be announced on August 1st, but until then all the available information can be found in the press release after the jump.

PRESS RELEASE:

Flint, Mich. (June 29, 2009) – Hurst Performance Vehicles, one of the most recognized and respected names in automobile history, announced that it has teamed up with newly appointed Hurst Director Emeritus and legendary performance visionary, "Doc" Watson, to build two new Special Edition Hurst/Pontiacs – a 2010 HURST/Pontiac H.O. version of the G8 and a G6 convertible. Hurst Performance President, Ron Flint, and Watson made the announcement together on Saturday at a special event held at the Sloan Museum in Flint, Michigan – the birthplace of GM.

Hurst Performance in Irvine, California, will hand-build only 52 examples of the 2010 HURST/Pontiac H.O. – a modern-day version of George Hurst's "Executive Hot Rod". These numbered cars will feature Hurst's iconic white/gold and black/gold colors along with forged alloy Hurst wheels, an exclusive Hurst shifter, supercharged engine, suspension mods and a specially trimmed interior.

Hurst will also commemorate Doc's famous Pace Cars and build ten HURST/Pontiac G6 convertibles to be used as parade and special event cars.

"Doc started all of this with George back in 1960 with Hurst Performance Research. His Hurst H.O. Pontiacs have stormed drag strips and main streets across the country for 50 years," said Hurst Chairman, Nate Shelton. "There could not be a better time to honor Doc and the legendary Pontiac marque."

Watson's contribution to the American performance landscape is unrivaled. During a 50-year career in the development, manufacturing and marketing of special vehicles, Watson brought to life more than 80 performance cars and racing vehicles, including the original Hurst Oldsmobile, the Hemi-Under-Glass and the 1972 Hurst/Pontiac SSJ. These new HURST/Pontiac's are yet another chapter in his illustrious career.

"If we combine the wisdom earned through the heritage of past Hurst vehicles with the vision of globally beneficial vehicles, we will not be living through the death of the Muscle Car," Watson explained. "Rather, we will see the birth of exciting, passion-filled performance vehicles – vehicles that will give new meaning to lean, mean, and environmentally clean machines. It's a 'new machine age,' and Hurst will be first once again."

Hurst Performance has once again partnered with the Woodhouse Automotive Family of Blair Nebraska as the exclusive Hurst Authorized Pontiac Dealer for sales and service of these exceptional vehicles.

Specifications, pricing and ordering information will be available August 1st on the Hurst website at http://www.hurst-performance.com
    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Re: Hurst announces Pontiac H.O. G8 and G6 W00T!!!

Only 10 G6s?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Re: Hurst announces Pontiac H.O. G8 and G6 W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So are all the G6's gonna be convertibles with a standard??

MY PROGRESSION- viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26123

Comment

yish!!! turbo not SC!

notice no sedans ....( yea, i had to )

Comment

Originally posted by Dav3
          yish!!! turbo not SC!

Notice how the G8 is a sedan and the G6 they're working on is a vert?

Comment

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
              Originally posted by Dav3
              yish!!! turbo not SC!

Notice how the G8 is a sedan and the G6 they're working on is a vert?

that was kinda my point...no sedan 6...

Comment

They didn't pick a solara *whoops* coupe, either.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                Show
                -20% tint
                -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                -Professionally heated seats

Comment

I have a feeling in the end only the G8 will end up being supercharged...

CRAB Option 2 w/AEM Filter, Flowmaster 80 Series Exhaust

Comment

I'm attempting to obtain more info from Hurst right now. It appears that this project is still in the very early stages of development at this time. I'll share any other discoveries uncovered.

Now if we only could have Hurst make a supercharger retro kit for the G6, that would be great but I guess it would only be for the 3.9 not the 3.6 that I have.

Stay tuned for more details...

Comment

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                      Originally posted by ahuhn
                      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Saw this on autoblog and had to jump over here right quick and see if anyone knew anything else....I'll be watching this space

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
                          Is that the gm lip kit on the g6?

Lunch breaks are the heroes of my stomache!
                          Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by StruttinSoul
                            those would be G8s

Comment

Originally posted by StruttinSoul
                              Good god man, those are G8's

EDIT: I guess Mike beat me to that one lol

MY PROGRESSION- viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26123

Comment

Working...
                              X