Cincinnati Track Day - Edgewater Motorsports Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincinnati Track Day - Edgewater Motorsports Park

So this Friday (July 3rd) I am headed down to Edgewater Motorsports Park in Cleves, OH (just outside of Cincinnati on the west side) for some 1/4 mile racing to test out the new manifold spacer and HSRK. I wanted to see if anybody in the greater Cincinnati area would be interested in heading down there with me and racing?

It's $15 to race and $10 to watch. Racing starts at 5:45 pm and runs until 10:30 pm. Last time I got there around 6:45 pm and got in 8 runs before they closed down. They put you up against whoever is in line beside you. Last time I raced against 13 second mustangs, late model impalla SS, Tiburon, etc. They also do quick slicks where cars run 8's and 9' but that's a different category. We'll will only race against cars with street tires.

Let me know if you are interested in going and I'll post a place to meet. I'm going to try and get there early, say 5:30 or so, that way I'm on the track when it opens and can get in several runs. Hope to see a few interested!!

N8
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Re: Cincinnati Track Day - Edgewater Motorsports Park

what did you run?

Comment

Originally posted by g6gtpjoe
      what did you run?
      Same as last time. 14.35 @ 96.9. However, this time I was running lean at 14.55 A/F ratio so I know I can improve. I did get my 60' time down to 2.06 which is about as good as it gets for stock LS-2's. As soon as Vector works the bugs out of their logging program, I'm headed back down so they can fine tune me based off of my data from 1/4 mile runs.

Comment

still pretty quick i see a guy on youtube with a 07 coupe running a 14.1 with the same mods.. so its possible.. throw a 75 shot on there and run 13s for sure... i just visited the track yesterday 15.04 was my best. but my cars bone stock other then a k7n and a res delete.. i was really suprised i was expecting high 15s.. but it was a cool night and my elevation is under 1000 feet so i guess that helps. nice ride tho

Comment

still pretty quick i see a guy on youtube with a 07 coupe running a 14.1 with the same mods.. so its possible.. throw a 75 shot on there and run 13s for sure... i just visited the track yesterday 15.04 was my best. but my cars bone stock other then a k7n and a res delete.. i was really suprised i was expecting high 15s.. but it was a cool night and my elevation is under 1000 feet so i guess that helps. nice ride tho
          thanks, you got a link to that 14.1? I'm definitely not going with NOS. I'm shooting for the first 13 second NA G6. If my headers group buy goes through, I've got a great shot at it.

Comment

yeah def.. if you get headers made that would be sweet as hell... good luck

Comment

yeah def.. if you get headers made that would be sweet as hell... good luck
              Thanks. Now it's just a matter for find 6 people in the entire northern hemisphere that want headers on this bad ass motor. You'd think this would be easier!!!

N8

Comment

found this dude on here that says he has done a 14.1

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=19406

Comment

found this dude on here that says he has done a 14.1

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=19406
                  Oh yeah, everybody has been trying to chase down 3.6gtp's time all year. He's got an HP tuners tune if I'm not mistaken so his tune is custom to his car, which is a big advantage over the box tunes from what I hear. That's why I've been working so hard to get the data logging application. I just got word that they think they have the bugs worked out with this next round of software. So, i'm just waiting for the email tomorrow to get it

I'm also ordering the new set of Eagle GT's this week, so it'll be off to the track once everything comes together. Of course, that's assuming it's not 80+ degrees and 80% + humidity like when I ran my 14.35 If I could get down into 60 degrees with 0 - 10% humidity, I have a feeling I'd be neck and neck with first or second...instead of third Either way, hopefully we'll know in a couple of weeks.

Comment

yah the tune is HUGE i can imagine.... tires is prob one of the biggest things you can get. thats the prob with the 3900 theres so much wheel spin when i punch it from a dig.. i just got the car in like feb. so it still has shit tires on it but i def think the next thing i wanna do is good tires

Comment

Working...
                    X