Chris898's Detail Progression Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris898's Detail Progression Thread

Alrighty so finally I have just about everything that I need to do a full detail, and man does my car need it. This past winter I purchased a dual action polisher (porter cable), and with the help of some people on this forum (ESPECIALLY Fischer), and Meguiar's online forum I am ready to take my detailing to a whole new level!

OK so I'm going to try and take as many pictures as possible, and give as much detail as possible as to the products, and processes that I use. This whole thing will probably take a little bit because it has been raining over here pretty much every day for the past month.

So for starters I am using the two bucket wash technique one bucket for rinsing the wash mit, and the other bucket for the soapy water. Each bucket has a grit guard at the bottom which is to stop all the particles, and dirt from going back into your wash mit when you rinse. The soap I am using is Meguiar's Gold Class car wash. Below i posted the link to a video Fischer posted in another thread which shows the proper way to wash a car. It is a fantastic video, and def a must see!

Because I don't think i need to post pics of me washing the car haha here is my planned process, and the products I am going to use.

1. Meguiar's Car Wash
    2. Meguiar's Clay Bar
    3. Meguiar's 105 Ultra-Cut Compound
    4. Meguiar's 205 Ultra-Finishing Polish
    5. Meguiar's M07 Show Car Glaze
    6. Two coats of Meguiar's NXT 2.0

Some other products I will be using : Invisible Glass, Meguiar's Chrome cleaner, Eagle One tire shine, Meguiar's tire shine, Meguiar's M34 Final Inspection, Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner, Meguiar's DA Velcro Backing Plate, Meguiars 2.0 polishing pads (Cutting, Polishing, Finishing) There is still a few things I need to pick up here and there like some more cloths, and something to clean the carpets with.

Some Pics of the products

OK so first thing I'm going to do this week is Detail the Engine Bay, and clean the interior of the car so more pics to come probably in the next two days!!
    Current Mods : 7 color LED under dash/ seats, integration solutions I pod Adapter, 2 Powerbass PS-12 subs powered by a Power Acoustik OV2-2200.

Next on the list an intake..

Re: Chris898's Detail Progression Thread

that invisble glass cleaner is the bomb thats what i have for windows.
    Originally posted by WoodburyMan
    There's a page of leghumping afterwards

Comment

not bad, i have the same DA. works great. makes the job a lot easier.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
      Originally posted by ahuhn
      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Yea the Invisible Glass is awesome im almost out though goto pick some up

Also can't wait to use the polisher
        Current Mods : 7 color LED under dash/ seats, integration solutions I pod Adapter, 2 Powerbass PS-12 subs powered by a Power Acoustik OV2-2200.

Comment

Just a word to the wise, if you've never used a DA before, don't try it on your G6 to learn. Use a junker so you can get used to how it pulls and digs or you might do more damage to your paint then good. Look's like a nice list of products though...I prefer Zaino products but which ever makes you happier. Wax is subjective. I've been detailing my Vette for over 30 years and have tried almost all!!! Good luck and don't forget, when it's done

Comment

I thought DA's were safe and rotaries weren't.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by oldmanvette1975
              Just a word to the wise, if you've never used a DA before, don't try it on your G6 to learn. Use a junker so you can get used to how it pulls and digs or you might do more damage to your paint then good. Look's like a nice list of products though...I prefer Zaino products but which ever makes you happier. Wax is subjective. I've been detailing my Vette for over 30 years and have tried almost all!!! Good luck and don't forget, when it's done
              If youve been detailing for 30 years, you would know that DA polishers are safe...
              Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Some pics taken from my room yup still raining and been storming since the morning

Comment

wtf is a da...

Comment

Dual Action Polisher basically it spins but there also a counter weight so it doesn't spin in the same place.

http://www.mpolisher.com/ a site i found real quick if you scroll down a bit there is a diagram.

I have yet to use mine yet so i can't really comment on ease of use and what not but i will be taking a small part of my car to work on before attacking the whole car.

Comment

They are super easy to use, You cant burn through paint but you cant cut as much compared to a Rotary but with the right polisher like the Flex and M105 Polish you can have the same results.
                      Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

OK so finally got things rolling over here did my engine bay tonight, and will be cleaning the paint tomorrow, and interior tomorrow night or Tuesday morning. Any who I used a strong solution of simple green all purpose cleaner soaked the engine bay scrubbed everything with a brush, and then rinsed. Friday i saw some Black Magic 2 in one engine detailer. It supposedly has a degreaser, and a shine in it. I used the all purpose cleaner first because i heard the degreaser part wasn't that good. If you follow the directions it does a decent job. Don't expect miracles out of it but a simple one step product isn't bad if your just trying to clean up your engine bay. After the black magic dried i applied mothers back to black, and get everything to a decent shine.

Letting the Black Magic Sit

After black magic set

After the Mothers back to black

Sorry for all the pics but trying to document everything as well as possible. (BTW pics were taken with my cell phone)

Alright im tired off to bed haha

Comment

looks good i used scrubbing bubbles and a pressure washer to do mine

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                          Originally posted by ahuhn
                          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

thank you snowman

So today i got up went to the gym for eight, got home ate and spent a good 9 hours or so working on the car washed, clayed, 105,205, mo7 show car glazed, and two coats of wax done as well as cleaned the windows rain x my windshield, waxed my wheels, and dressed all the plastic. Tomorrow ill dress the tires m34 the car, and get some good pics in the sunlight.

I didn't take to many pics in the process because well it was my first time so wasn't pretty at times. well im going to relax pics in the am

Comment

All done!! Got some pics taken yesterday and finally have the time to post them. This was just my first time using a dual action polisher so im sure i could have gotten more out but im sure it will come with practice. So well heres the pics!

So there you have it lemme know what you think!

Comment

Working...
                              X