18" wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18" wheels

Quick question, i have the regular 4 cyl. 4 door that came with 16"...i just bought 18 Motegi DV5's...they are 8 inches wide. what tires should i run and will there be any problems with it?? i read a little of some other posts hat mentioned abs probs. and height differences. i calculated that a 255 40 18 tire is right around same height, but 9 inches wide will it rub?? or does the size even matter really? Sorry if these questions sound half retarded but this is alot of cash to spend on some tires that dont fit right. thanks for the help

For an 18 X 8 put a 245/40ZR18. It will be rediculas wide and handle awesome. The diameter of the tire will be the same.
    Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

GTP's come with 225 wide stock. im not sure i'd go wider than 235. 245 might be ok. i think some people have that size and no problems but im not too sure.
      '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Reading the sticky's wopuld have found you this:
        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
          Reading the sticky's wopuld have found you this:
          http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=405
          I already saw that, and its pretty much useless for figuring out whats gonna rub, which is what i wanted to know from someone who knew something about it. but thanks tho

Comment

As much room as there is from the top of the tire to the fender wall I don't think you're going to have a problem. There are a couple g6's here with 20's on them and no tire rub. 245 wide doesn't seem to be an issue. Note: None of those cars are lowered.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

alright i appreciate it bud. i think gonna get some bf goodrich Scorcher with that red band throught the tread. still not sure what size lol, gonna look at some pics tonight and decide

Comment

Don't forget to post pics when yer done. :smoke:
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

Tirerack told me a 245/45-18 will fit my GTP. I assume that even though the spring rates and dampening is different the clearance for the tires is the same.
                  04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                  Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Originally posted by mbiker97
                    Tirerack told me a 245/45-18 will fit my GTP. I assume that even though the spring rates and dampening is different the clearance for the tires is the same.
                    If you get the size... let me know how it fits... I've looked at some myself, but I would think it would be little big for the rim
                    Originally posted by TLS2000
                    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

ok

i went with kumho ecsta spt 225 40 18...two just came wit 2 more on the way.

Comment

Really low sidewall but you will be very pleased with performance. You might want to lower it to close the fender gap. And for all of you I4 drivers, since there is a lot of parts now available for the Cobalt SS you will have a lot of fun with your rides. That's right, same engine (SS; not the supercharged SS).
                        Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

Working...
                        X