Securing the Stage 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing the Stage 3

Well, I got my intake put on last night and all i can say is WOW . Sounds GREAT, you can feel a slight increase in pickup, looks shiny, fairly painless install.

Only 'constructive criticism' i have is: how has everyone secured the intake itself? It seems dangerously loose just sitting in there. I read on here somewhere once that someone had an idea but i never check back with that thread and now i can't find it . Anyways, i have secured the A/C line well and all im worried about it the pipe just sitting in there.

P.s.--Thanks Kyle for the great product.
    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Search it bro. There are a couple on here already.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Eh I just left mine sitting there. It may bounce around a little, but it's not going anywhere and it's not making contact with anything important. Once I get the Stage 4 installed I'll probably try to secure it better.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i just packed the hole tight around the pip where it goes into the fender...tight enough to keep it from hitting anything yet still move with the engine...i just cut a piece of foam tubing lengthwise and wrapped it
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

cool thanks yall i found some stuff finally i was just using the wrong words...
          '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

I think the split vacuum hose looks the best...you could even layer it: put 1/4" inside and 5/8" over it for extra support until you lessened the space to your liking.

I think I used 3/8" or something and it worked fine for me.
            2006 liquid silver sedan w/6CD, sunroof & remote start; Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/55/16; Llumar 15% all around; DocSpeed stg 3; JET Powr-Flo MAF sensor; rear Monroe Maxair shocks; GM STB; Redline Quicklifts; Mobil 1 plaque, SS badge, GMPD plaque, grafx 'G6' hmsl & chrome emblem overlays; high flow cat back w/flowmaster 40; Low & Fog 5300K McCulloch HIDs; Kicker 12" SL5 with a RF bd1000 & 1 farad cap; hardwired Passport 8500 x50 blue & G-Timer GT2

Comment

Yesterday I put 2 zip-ties together and wrapped it around the silicone connector, and looped it through the hole near the MAF where the old airbox had a mount. pretty solid, and doesn't look tacky.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

yeah the zip ties was what i ended up going with. i found some red ones that match the silicone perfect and i put a few together for the length but i also made two loops also just in case.
                '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Working...
                X