help with guage lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with guage lights

I'm sure I jsut didn't look hard enough in here but I wonder if there is a way to keep the guages lit at all times. I keep my headlights on automatic so they just turn on when they want to but sometimes it's not dark enough to trigger the lights but I would like the guages and radio to light up. I'm sure someone will tell me to just turn the headlights on and it should work but it does not. The guages light up when they want to and only when they want to. I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section or if there is already a thread for this.
    bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Ben, See the post below:

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1404

There is a TSB about no backlit gauges in daylight, and GM has a fix for it.

You should be able to find it if you look it up on Edmunds.com if you click on the link at the bottom of the post I linked you to above.

:smoke:

Dan
    SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

I'll look into it after I work and then go to the gym. Thanks alot for your help.
      bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

when I clicked on that link it took me back to the forum index. Where on Edmunds.com do I go? Thanks
        bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

you could just turn your froggies on (foglights) which makes the gauge cluster and everything else come on.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by bigben
            when I clicked on that link it took me back to the forum index. Where on Edmunds.com do I go? Thanks
            Further down in that post is this link: http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/vehicle.do

Input your specific vehicle information and all current TSB's will be listed for you.

- Dan
            Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
            Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
              you could just turn your froggies on (foglights) which makes the gauge cluster and everything else come on.
              Not always true. It does not in my '06 GTP Coupe. That's why there is a TSB on that particular situation...SOME G6's have an issue where the auto headlight daylight sensor can't be overriden, and the gauge backlights will not come on if the sensor sees daylight, regardless of which lights you manually turn on. Basically it's screwed up.
              I really don't care in my car, or I'd get it repaired per the TSB. But I can see some situations (like if it gets almost dark in a rainstorm) where you might need / want to have your dash lights on in the daytime.

EDIT...I looked it up for you. This is the actual TSB on that particular issue:

Component Description:
              20. EXTERIOR LIGHTING Bulletin Number: 3393A
              Bulletin Date: JAN 2001

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac G6
              Summary:
              BACKLIGHTING IS INOP DURING DAYLIGHT CONDITIONS (HEADLIGHT SWITCH TURNED ON MANUALLY) ( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10017006 )

Comment

^nice (62) TSBs for the 05 gts
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Every time I get in the car I turn on the foglights so it's not that. What's a TSB?
                  bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

thanks for your help dan
                    bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

Technical service Bulletin TSBs from the Manufacturer
                      They are things for garages to look for as common possible problems with a specific vehicle.
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
                      X