Part Number Request: HVAC Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Number Request: HVAC Lights

Ok, now I've dissected the HVAC control modules working on the notorious red-gone-pink-to-white syndrome. I managed to retrofit LEDs into my control module and have solved the issue on my panel, but my dad's 05 sedan is still affected, and one of the lights is out.

Now, I KNOW many dealers are simply replacing the entire control module to resolve the issue of discoloration, but I know that isn't necessary. The color comes not from a red film behind the controls, but instead from red caps that are put over the backlight bulbs themselves. So the reason everyone's controls are turning pink or white is because that cap is losing it's coloring from the heat of the lamp. When I pulled apart my control panel, there was a white stripe around the cap on the bulb, and just a tiny bit of red left.

The only catch is, these aren't typical bulbs. Instead of a wedge base or screw base, the bulbs just have wires coming out the bottom which are wrapped around a plastic plug which gets screwed into place and then makes contact with the control board.

So my question is, I know we got some mega smart and determined parts people on here.

Can someone PLEASE find me the part numbers for the replacement backlights for the HVAC controls? There should be 2 different bulbs - the red ones and a white one behind the temperature dial. These bulbs don't exist anywhere so I can't get replacements locally - I tried rat shack, auto zone, advance auto, pep boys, and even multiple mom and pop auto parts stores, nobody has them.

Come on, go go gadget parts catalog!!!!
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Re: Part Number Request: HVAC Lights

im gonna guess ther not gonna be able to find them. GM doesnt like to sell those tiny parts just the whole thing

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
      im gonna guess ther not gonna be able to find them. GM doesnt like to sell those tiny parts just the whole thing
      thats fucking insane...
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Yea, I looked for them yesterday. All I was able to find was the control head asm. I'll keep digging though.

Comment

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/332297.asp

Wonder if this would be a better solution for the discoloration issue...
          <-- Gray G6? Click!
          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

i'm crossing my fingers someone comes up with a replacement bulb and/or part number...

my dad won't stop bitching about his light that's out and how i haven't done anything about it yet...
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
            X