Convertible Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible Window

I have a 2007 G6 GT convertible. If I hold down the hardtop button to put the top up it puts it up with no problems. If i hold it for 2 seconds longer it rolls up my windows, which is normal. Then it rolls down my passenger window. It has never done this before.. Any ideas?
    2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Is it only rolling down one window or all of them?

If it is front passenger then are both of your windows indexing properly when you open/close door?

Comment

its only rolling down the front passenger window.
      2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Hmm, this is a new one on me!

How about indexing....does the front passenger glass drop approx 1 inch when you open door and go back up when close door?

Comment

indexing works on both windows.. im thinking of pulling all the related fuses to the window and hardtop to reset it...

Comment

I don't know if pulling fuses is necessary - there are 3 associated with windows in your vehicle (and a 4th one that your vehicle doesn't actually use) but only 2 that would have to be pulled)

However I would first suggest recalibrating that window (or whatever they call it in owner manual) - or did you already try that?

Comment

im on vacation.. wiill be back tomorrow.. i did not drive my g6... how do you recalibrate them? im just worried that if i cant fix it i have to take it to the dealer.. and you know how they are..

Comment

Do you have your owner's manual handy? Look in power window section. It is covered there adequately enough. In fact I think some dealers were miffed because owner's manual covered this topic better than the service manual.

I have never successfully downloaded the 2006 G6 manual off MyGMLINK.com so I can't give you page number easily from this location

Comment

found it.. i will try it when it gets cooler outside.... hopefully it will work.. but i dont see why i would have to do this.. the car is less than a month old

Comment

I've always found you have the most problems when a car is new... then it eases up for a while... until it gets old
                    Originally posted by TLS2000
                    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Fixed it.. pulled the fuse from the engine bay.. left it out for about 30 seconds while I looked for others.. there is one in the trunk and one in the passenger side. Decided to pull the fuse from the engine bay.. Works fine now.. Just had to reset the window indexing after... I hope this doesnt come back.. if it does its going to the dealer...

Comment

Working...
                      X