Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof leak fix (non pan roof) w/pic

Finaly a how to on fixing leaking sunroof!! Thank you, Thank you
    Yep I'm another victim. But instead of having the dealer spend hours working on it, I figured I'd tackle it myself. So after completing the task, it only took about 15 minutes to do and quite easy. Here is a how to guide to help you!
    Problem:

1. Get the tools you will need handy. small flat tipped screwdriver and a Phillips screw driver.

2. Locate where the water is coming from, if its coming from the seat belt its probably your rear tubes. if its running down the apiller's its most likely the front tubes. In my case it was the front tube right side.
    3. Using your small flat screwdriver gently pry open the screw covers on your visor, apiller and seat belt cover. Remove the screws.

Would have had more pictures, but they limit me to 10

4. you will gently pull out your apiller cover to expose the tube. and remove your visor, careful not to break the wire running your visor lights. "Above Picture"

5. Easily and gently pull out the edge of the liner from the weather seal all the way back to your seat belt cover.

6. Once you have the liner pulled down a little bit you should be able to see in there and see the tube where it hooks up to the sunroof.. Yep that was my issue.

7. Clean the water off the tube and inside the hole. Find some plastic glue or I used superglue and with two fingers reach in there and smear some glue around the tube. Push the tube back in the drain with a little force not too much though. make sure the tube clears the head liner when putting back together. Easly press the liner back over the weather seal back to the apiller. Put screws back in and make sure everything is tight.

Your Done!!

The dealer would have just pushed it back in causing it to come back out with time.. but with glue, you know its going to stay.

Re: Sunroof leak fix (non pan roof) w/pic

Nice write up

Comment

Well done and I'm tucking this away for a "rainy" day.
      Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
      Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
      Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Nice write-up.
        ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

It pored last night and no leaks!

Comment

we just had a terrible monsoon all day today, I got back from doing clinicals at a local hospital for school and hopped in my car to leave. The first turn I made it literally started raining inside my car. Water was pouring out everywhere from the headliner, the center map light was full of water, back seats soaked, basically just totally screwed. I'm so pissed, I can't believe these idiots who built these cars just pushed the damn tubes into the connections with nothing to keep them on. I am blown away at the number of problems I've had with this car. I was going to keep it for at least 3 more years but that may not happen anymore........so annoying.......
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
            X