Rust on Roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust on Roof

I found this past weekend that I have a rust spot that is about 1/2cm in diameter on my roof right above the front window...went to the dealer and said he cant cover it under the corrosion warranty because its probably a stone chip (yet I have stone chips on my hood that have been there for awhile and they show no signs of rust) but when the GM rep comes he will call me to bring it in for him to look at..that will be in about 3 weeks....or I could pay $250 for them to paint the whole roof...or wait until a hole rusts through and they then have to cover that under warranty as the car isnt even 3 years old yet...or I could try and take care of it myself

What do you guys suggest?
    what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Re: Rust on Roof

i dont understand how you would have a rock chip on your roof like that...

say that you want to talk to the service manager. see what that does

Comment

WOW, holy rust hole

whatever you choose to do, dont neglect this anymore.

Rust is rapidly spreading under the paint (look at the discoloration) and worse...its near the windshield.

stone chip or not.... the metal is already "layering" so dunno why the dealer wants to wait until the hole gets bigger...

Comment

I have the exact same problem with that, except on my door jam. I would try to remove the rust asap and apply some kind of touch up paint to seal it from the elements.
        Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Let the zone rep look at it at the dealership and under normal circumstances (not current state of GM) they would approve the dealership repair under warranty. Hopefully that will still be the case.

Comment

87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
            90 Eagle Talon TSI
            09 G6 Progression(New Car)
            My Progression

Comment

So after speaking with some other people who could see the rust spot in person, one of which is retired from GM, they all said it was BS and that its not a stone chip its a problem with the paint...which oddly enough they already had to give me a new front bumper because it started to bubble on my and they claim it was a bad primer...

I called pontiac's 1-800 number and told them the deal, so the guy calls the dealer to get some info and on the report from the body shop he writes that a stone came up and chipped the roof..WTF..how could he make that statement? that would have to be written as an assumption...yet when I tell the customer service guy that he says, well we trust our technicians..then he tells me the price would be $575 to repair it

He's now sending it out to a district rep to review the file and get back to me...but I would believe hes going to get me the same line
              what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

Comment

...so the district rep never calls me, instead the same guy from the customer service guy calls back and now says that they are not going to give it to the rep because they see no need to involve him...what???

then he tells me after speaking with the body shop manager the fact is a stone came up and hit the roof?? I asked him if he knew what the word FACT meant to which he did not reply...then he said we would have to trust the technicians..the same guy that told me to call GM and the rep would be able to see it in a couple weeks and that if not covered it would only cost $250...

I asked if they trusted him enough that if I take them to court they could prove that it was a stone chip as it would be their burden to prove it was not covered by warranty...he said that since it is only one spot it cant be paint, however on the front bumper there was only one spot that bubbled and lost paint, since the paint was only 6 months old they were going to repaint it, then they found that infact it was the paint when they started to remove the bumper...so on the exact car this problem has happened before on a plastic piece and now they are trying to say it cant happen in only one spot??

This shows just how much GM really doesnt care at all about any of their customers..tell the customer one thing then the company another

Comment

So come to find out this hasnt been sent to the zone rep because the body shop manager e-mailed him to ask about it, and he e-mailed back saying its not covered... so the body guy e-mails, a stone chiped his car, obviously the rep guy having never seen my car or the "pictures" that were supposedly taken of my car would say its not covered and he will not be looking at it...

Then on a conference call with the body shop guy he tells me there is no bubbling around there area...to which I say there are pictures online showing the bubbles...no reply, yet he says its only one spot so something must have gone through the paint...again I point him to how they fixed my bumper, he finally looks through the records after I tell him several times that the dealership database would have that fact...he tells me it was bad paint so they charged the company they bought the paint for....yet they also bought a new bumper??? so if it was only bad paint wouldnt it seem odd to buy a whole new bumper if all they had to do was strip the old paint off and repaint it???? He says he doesnt know why they did that, I tell him I was told it was the primer on the bumper from GM, to which again no reply

Then the body shop guy from Don Davis tells us where the other guy went, to which the customer service guy Jon says "oh yes I know him..hes a good guy" <-- cause we all care how well you know the guy...so somehow it went from having the case sent to have the Zone Rep look at it to having nothing happen because the Don Davis body guy sent him an e-mail with no pictures or facts yet just asking to use the loop hole

Now I have to take it to another GM dealer to get a second opinion, and hopefully speak with a new guy at customer service because the current guy will say something and when questioned say the exact opposite

GM makes everything way too hard for their customers...and definitely never buying a car from Don Davis again

Comment

I hate when people get lazy,

In the end we have to pay for other peoples worthlessness
                    Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

WTF this is from what i've read. That SOB who claims and or assumes it was a rock that chipped the paint would have got a fckn or better yet a What a fckn douche bag!!!! Dude I wish I lived close by I'd go over there and punch him for you..................sob!!!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                      I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

go to the Rep your self. if they wont handle it go above their heads. start pulling rank. something will get done

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                        Originally posted by ahuhn
                        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

for the record, the warranty covers against rustthrough, not general rust. my door edges are all chipped up and rusted, so are the doors on my dad's sedan.

that being said, they are being a bunch of douche canoes by just "declaring" that it was the result of a stone. regardless of how this situation resolves, i'd say steer clear of that dealer
                          2009 PONTIAC G8
                          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

the rust through is for their 6 year coverage...they had a 3 year coverage for rust spots, but their way around it is to say its a stone chip

how do I find who the rep is? and how can I contact him without going through a dealer??

the best part is the dealer that the guy from GM customer service said I should go to for a 2nd look doesnt have a body shop....so they send all their stuff to a 3rd party body shop down the road..WOW

Comment

Working...
                            X