How do I get dog smell out of car???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get dog smell out of car???

I had to drive a friend into work today and he brings his dog with him. So the interior of my car smells like dog now!!!!!!!

I've had my car for 3 years and it still smelled like a new car. Now it just reeks of dog!!!

Can anyone help???
    sigpic
    Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Re: How do I get dog smell out of car???

We have this Febreze pet odor spray and it works pretty well. That stuff surprises me sometimes how it makes stuff go away.

Plus its summer time now! Just open your windows and roof for a while, it'll go away. One time of cartin' a pooch around can't stick around forever.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I thought about leaving the windows open. The problem with that is that it's currently parked in the back parking lot of an office that's in the middle of the ghetto of Detroit. So the smell would go away but the car probably would to
      sigpic
      Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Also vacuum the inside really well! I would drive my aunts german shepard around in my 6er and it would smell like him after one or two trips. I'd vacuum the interior really well included all crevices i could suck out the hair, then a little febreeze and it was good as new!

Comment

I heard Colin's stain remover works well on removing odors as well. Ask him about it next time he's on here.
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
            I heard Colin's stain remover works well on removing odors as well. Ask him about it next time he's on here.

And its easy to make
            Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
            I <3 Cody.

No homo.
            Originally posted by ahuhn
            i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Some dealerships have some ozone machine that removes the smells from the interior of cars. You might call a few and ask them and see what they charge.
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

so why does it smell like wet dog in here?

[/ van helsing quote]

sorry had to

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

You think your car smells? Come smell mine. Everytime I take my dog to the park she has to run through the lake and get soaked and smell up my car lol

Just fabreze and vacuum and leave you windows open when you're doing 150 on the highway and that should be cleared right up
                  <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

This thread stinks!!!

Another option is after the vacuum and a Febreze blast drop a couple of dryer sheets under the seats.
                    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                    X