X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM closes medium duty truck division

Allpar.com

After trying to sell its medium duty truck division, which produces the Chevy Kodiak and GMC Topkick, General Motors will simply close down the division, stopping production on July 31. The division has been losing money, and may have been fatally wounded by the highly competitive new Dodge 4500 / 5500 series. An agreement had been reached with Isuzu to keep the trucks going through 2014, but the deal fell through, as did a contract with Navistar that would have kept the trucks but lost the Flint jobs.

GM sold 22,000 of the trucks in 2008, using 525 workers in Flint, Michigan who will now be transferred or bought out.
    Source- http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/20 ... -division/

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
    Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
    Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Re: GM closes medium duty truck division

Geez, sounds like the general is just falling apart at the seams!
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Good, let them go under, so something better can take it's place. American cars are crap. Yes, I drive an american POS but I just really like it. All the cars in america are crap, go and look at all the cars in japan, way better quality, and performance.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
        Geez, sounds like the general is just falling apart at the seams!
        yea but they have been trying to sell this line of trucks for the longest while.....but nobody wants them so that's why they gotta let it wind down.... at least ford has their f550 and f750 and so on still, right?l....so people can still get them

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
        PSN: racin247
        Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Originally posted by SDGTPM6
          Good, let them go under, so something better can take it's place. American cars are crap. Yes, I drive an american POS but I just really like it. All the cars in america are crap, go and look at all the cars in japan, way better quality, and performance.
          HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT HONDA AND TOYOTA!

Comment

IF AMERICAN CARS ARE NOTHING BUT CRAP WHY THE FUCK DID YOUR DUMB ASS BUY ONE. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE LIKE YOU JUST NEED TO BE PUNCHED IN THE FACE

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

American cars are not crap, except for their lead liners, which are meant to be. They are made for cheap FUCKS who don't wanna pay. My brother had a KIA, sure, he paid very little for it. It had to sit for a year, everything was seized. I let my 90 Grand Am Quad-4 sit for 11 1/2 months without ever touching it, because the insurance jumped to $5G a year that I didn't have. Filled tires with air, jumped started it, and it drove aS good as the day I parked it.

Look at those $40G Toyota pick ups with frame rust in 2 years what an American truck would get in 20 years. Don't try to tell me there shit is better. Just go FUCK yourself and go to a RICER forum. We are on this site because we love our American cars, and are mighty tired of you fartcan loving, Ricer loving BS. And i know I am not just talking for myself, just noone else says it.

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT HONDA AND TOYOTA!

Originally posted by ahuhn

IF AMERICAN CARS ARE NOTHING BUT CRAP WHY THE FUCK DID YOUR DUMB ASS BUY ONE. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE LIKE YOU JUST NEED TO BE PUNCHED IN THE FACE

YOU CAN GO KISS MY AMERICAN CAR LOVING ASS! wtf! IS WRONG WITH YOU WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU GET AN AMERICAN CAR, BE PART OF A FORUM LIKE THIS AND POST SOMETHING LIKE THAT?
                ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Originally posted by FLRNEMT
                  American cars are not crap, except for their lead liners, which are meant to be. They are made for cheap FUCKS who don't wanna pay. My brother had a KIA, sure, he paid very little for it. It had to sit for a year, everything was seized. I let my 90 Grand Am Quad-4 sit for 11 1/2 months without ever touching it, because the insurance jumped to $5G a year that I didn't have. Filled tires with air, jumped started it, and it drove aS good as the day I parked it.

Look at those $40G Toyota pick ups with frame rust in 2 years what an American truck would get in 20 years. Don't try to tell me there shit is better. Just go FUCK yourself and go to a RICER forum. We are on this site because we love our American cars, and are mighty tired of you fartcan loving, Ricer loving BS. And i know I am not just talking for myself, just noone else says it.

couldn't have said it better myself!!!!
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by FLRNEMT

RIGHT ON BROTHER!
                    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

IF I could get rid of this slow POS I would. It was fun for 2 months, until all the problems showed up. U cant even mod these cars, haha. Intake and exhaust.

Comment

I think I can sum up how some of us fell about you!
                        (not for me to decide but just one jedis opinion)

Comment

Haha, I am going to get banned for voicing my opinion about these slow ass cars? Wow, ban me then.

Seriously look around your house, and try and count how many thing are "Made in america" versus made in china, Japan, Thailand.

Sorry.

Comment

you must only understand japanese

Originally posted by jedi3

Comment

you must only understand japanese

I understand exactly what he is saying, but if this forum as a whole cant take one persons opinion, then yes, ban me.

Haha, I mean seriously, on this forum, I found a thread about the proper way to remove your wheels, haha WTF.

And these are the kind of people I am associated with, by having this car.

Comment

Working...
                              X