Question about emblem overlays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about emblem overlays

Ok again i didnt know where to post this but since it is an exterior thing i figured here would be ok. Anywho. Like most people I have the emblam overlays but i noticed this morning that the one on the the front was starting to lift up and i mean it was a little bit it was 1/4 lifted off and it wont stick back down cause well its no longer sticky so i went and looked at the back one and its doing the same thing but the one i have on my steering wheel on the interior is fine *so far*. do you guys think because of the heat and such lately its making my overlays come off? anyone else had this problem yet? should i go ahead and take these off and order some new ones?? thanks guys.

I'm in Kansas and the weather has been in the 100's for the past month. I have overlays and have had no problem with them lifting. I wonder if you could reapply some adhesive? If not, I'd just order new ones...they're fairly inexpensive. Did you wash off the area and everything before you put them on?

Comment

oh yeah i do overlays and vinyl all the time and yet to have any problems outta any of em so im good in that area but yeah its been in the 100's here too and humid as could be (feels like your suffocating) but yea i was just thinking about getting some new ones but i just thought it was weird for them to do that.

Comment

Mine are doing the same thing, I attributed it to the cold and probably we not clean enough for them to stick 100%... just my $.02 though
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by noRulez
          I'm in Kansas and the weather has been in the 100's for the past month. I have overlays and have had no problem with them lifting. I wonder if you could reapply some adhesive? If not, I'd just order new ones...they're fairly inexpensive. Did you wash off the area and everything before you put them on?
          Where'd you get them from? I got mine from http://www.grafxwerks.com/

Comment

same here
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
              oh yeah i do overlays and vinyl all the time and yet to have any problems outta any of em so im good in that area but yeah its been in the 100's here too and humid as could be (feels like your suffocating) but yea i was just thinking about getting some new ones but i just thought it was weird for them to do that.
              yeah it's been warm down here for sure. at least the heat is moving back west for a while now.

Comment

yeah im glad the heat is moving out for a while but yeah i sat there for about 20 minutes on each emblam cleanin em before putting the overlay on so i know it was clean (and it was an oil-free product so i know there was nothing there) but i did buy my from grafwerks.com too.

Comment

The past couple weeks it has been in the 90s and even hit over 100 a few times, and I haven't noticed anything coming off. You could try adhesive, just make sure it's nothing permanent that'll mess up the emblem underneath in case you ever want to take them off.
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

what would you suggest using?

Comment

what about contacting the grafx people

Comment

i emailed them but havent heard anything back from them yet

Comment

oh cause it sounds like a problem on their end if you ask me

Comment

Working...
                          X