No announcement yet.

Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R for the G6 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R for the G6 ?

What are the thoughts of everyone on these tires? Looks like they will fit the G6 GTP if you select the 245/45RW18 size. The difference in shape and diameter is slight. I am seeing lots reviews that these tires are terrific high performance tires that work well for highway and track. Just the ticket to go with a CAI and CAT-BACK?

Cheers, Bean.

you can get Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 in that size as well... though you MAY be pushing it on the diameter doing 20mm over stock
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Well I'm no expert but if you run the 245-45R18 size thru http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
      you will find the diameter is less than a quarter inch larger than stock. It's wider by 20 mm so it should work fine providing it doesn't scrape on full lock.

Cheers, Bean.

Comment

oops, typo on my part... meant 20mm on width
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by tmurfet
          Well I'm no expert but if you run the 245-45R18 size thru http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
          you will find the diameter is less than a quarter inch larger than stock. It's wider by 20 mm so it should work fine providing it doesn't scrape on full lock.

Cheers, Bean.
          So you've checked that Bridgestone says those tires fit a measely 7" wheel?

Bridgestone says 7.5" wheel minimum.

If you want to drop a grand on tires go right ahead, but I'm sure that lots of other tires will handle way better than the G6 could ever allow (since it is not up to a "race" tire) for a lot cheaper (Hankook Z512 (I think), Pirelli P-Zero Nero, Falken 615s, Avon M550s, etc.). If I was running a track style car I may want to spend $240+ a tire, but not this car.

....but no matter what to run that wide of a tire and be safe you have to buy wider wheels.
          04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
          Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Originally posted by mbiker97
            Originally posted by tmurfet

Cheers, Bean.
            So you've checked that Bridgestone says those tires fit a measely 7" wheel?

Bridgestone says 7.5" wheel minimum.

If you want to drop a grand on tires go right ahead, but I'm sure that lots of other tires will handle way better than the G6 could ever allow (since it is not up to a "race" tire) for a lot cheaper (Hankook Z512 (I think), Pirelli P-Zero Nero, Falken 615s, Avon M550s, etc.). If I was running a track style car I may want to spend $240+ a tire, but not this car.

....but no matter what to run that wide of a tire and be safe you have to buy wider wheels.
            Well put.

The width of the rim is the issue.

Cheers,

Chris
            Black GTP, 6-speed
            Ottawa, Ontario
            Go Sens!!!

Comment

i dont understand a damn thing with the #'s for tires but im looking to get some drag radials of some time and some winter tires with lots of tred... can n e one help me out here and tell me what size i nee to look for as far as drag radials go and same with winter tires...

i would gr8ly appritiate it

thanks
              !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
              FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
              SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
              14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

As a Bridgestone Firestone employee I will be buying the Re-01r Potenzas as soon as i wear these re050a's out. The re01r's have a higher silica content which means better wet traction... accelerating, braking as well as cornering. Both are good tires that are similar in performance but not so in price range. My choice revolves around my getting a fat discount.

As for the tire sizes and numbers....245/45r18. The 245 is the section width of the tire. 245mm straight across from sidewall to sidewall. 45 is actualy 45% or the aspect ratio. 45% of 245mm which = the height. 18 meaning 18" diameter rims.

Increasing the 245 makes the tire wider, and a little taller due to the whole aspect ratio thing. Increasing the ratio will make it slightly taller and have no effect on width. Changing the 18 means you're buying rims and tires which should be common knowledge.
                06' GTP Coupe 6MT

Comment

45's will also decrease the overall size of the wheels and affect the dynamic gear ratio and speedo.
                  2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                  334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Working...
                  X