Wheel Bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Bearing

Sounds like I have a wheel bearing on the way out. Anyone know what size the axel nut is?
    CP

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

06 Pontiac G6 GT
    94 Saturn SC1

Re: Wheel Bearing

i belive 34 mm

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

i'll say 36mm....

Comment

do I hear 38mm?

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
        Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
        Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

no you dont hear 38

i belive it is 34 but 36 is my other guess

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
            Sounds like I have a wheel bearing module on the way out. Anyone know what size the axel nut is?
            Have you already found an answere on the actual size? lol, there are lots of sizes given in here. A bit confused now.
            Last edited by janamarie; 02-03-2011, 01:20 AM.

Comment

There is a write up on how to replace it in the how to section. This thread is a year and a half old. No one is gonna answer here. Ahuhn is the only one still around.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

How do you know if your wheel bearing is going bad??
                So far just window tint, resonator delete, R1 Concepts Slotted and Dimpled rotors and EBC Pads, and front KYB struts and strut mounts....but we have some plans........

Comment

noise or play

Comment

I figured that much.. LOL! What kind of noise?? I have a hum in the front end. We've put brand new tires on, KYB Struts AND strut mounts, and have had the dealership look over the front end. They said that it looks very well. They said the tie rods seem really good too. I have the clunk in the steering shaft, which will have to be done, and my husband is going to do the swaybar end links as well. Guess we will just have to continue the process of elimination.
                    So far just window tint, resonator delete, R1 Concepts Slotted and Dimpled rotors and EBC Pads, and front KYB struts and strut mounts....but we have some plans........

Comment

hum would be a good way to describe it

Comment

It sounds like off road tires, that kind of humming at speed.
                        also, the noise will go away/ reduce whenever you unload it, like a curve or similar.
                        There is no way that I have heard of to bench test that bearing, other that putting the car on a dyno and roll the tires at speed

Comment

I had to use a 1 3/8 socket to take mine off. Equals 35 mm.
                          Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                          - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                          - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP View Post
                            It sounds like off road tires, that kind of humming at speed.
                            also, the noise will go away/ reduce whenever you unload it, like a curve or similar.
                            There is no way that I have heard of to bench test that bearing, other that putting the car on a dyno and roll the tires at speed
                            sometimes there can be some play in them. if you grabthe wheel and shake it youll feel a bit oflooseness. just have to make sure its the bearing and not something suspension related

Comment

Working...
                            X