No Reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Reverse

Well, yesterday I go to back out of the driveway and I cannot shift into reverse (6mt). This is the second time it has happened.

I have been claiming that the shifter is loose and the tranny grinds, as well as, complaining about the reliablitiy (18 days out of service since 12/12/05). Well the short story is the shifter is shot and has to be replaced.

The longer story is the District Manger was coming to the dealership to drive my car today anyway so he got to drive it without reverse. He then called me up and told me that it shifted normally, and all the problems I've been having are just start up problems and will work themselves out. Because the dealership does not keep a shifter in stock they have to order it (over the weekend) and my car will be out of service close to 25 days. The lemon law in this state is 30 days out of service over 2yrs or 18,000 miles. I've only got a little over 7K miles.

Is anyone else having reliability problems or had their shifter fail? I've also had the parking brake fail, the roof leak twice, the check engine light come on twice for no reason, the recir pump on the a/c fail, intermittant grinding noises in the instrument cluster, the traction AND stability control turn off and on for no reason.
    Silver G6 GTP Coupe

25 days out of service!!!!!????? Who is working on it, Stevie Wonder and using his brale book to feel around with his hands!? lol jk. it shouldnt take more than 3days tops to do if there being lazy about it. Sorry havnet had any other of the problems you have to help you out with it. Sounds like a tranny thing and the traction contol on and off sounds like a software glitch.
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I had the same problem and it took 17 days to fix. Apparently the fix doesn't take too long, it was the waiting for parts that took a long time.

Comment

I had a problem last weekend where I couldent get it into revurse, it was caused by the dealer messing up the part of the shifter that deals with the revurse key lock.
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

I have to say I have not been pleased with this transmission. It feels very plastic. Why they decided to put a hungarian tranny in it I dont know.

Comment

Working...
          X