X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: GM Files for Bankrupcy Protection

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/06/0 ... iling.html
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Re: Official: GM Files for Bankrupcy Protection

just sad
    2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
    2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
    613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
    New numbers coming soon........

Comment

This is horrible! oh, well. Maybe a Re-inventing will be good...

Comment

GM stock was removed from the "big board" this morning.....VERY SAD DAY

Comment

so are they going to still make cars durring this time?

Comment

I'm not sure. I know they are closing alot of factory locations and consolidating whats left as far as production goes. I would think they would stop for a short period to re-org operations.

Comment

the service department has been getting flooded with calls today.
              ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
              .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

why dont they just kill GM, i would feel better about pontiac going then...not like im gunna buy from them ever again anyways..
                sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

coulda seen this coming...still sad tho..but still mad they killed pontiac..prolly why they are goin under!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                    why dont they just kill GM, i would feel better about pontiac going then...not like im gunna buy from them ever again anyways..

what your nuts!
                    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                      Easy said than done. GM has too much linkage to other smaller businesses, at the end of day it's not just about GM, nearly about the North American economy.

Originally posted by jedi3
                      what your nuts!
                      Look... Saturn's up for sale.
                      <-- Gray G6? Click!
                      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

All this talk from GM about restructuring! Even if they reorganize, what have they really got to sell. Nothing new and they have cancelled anything with performance or flair except the Vette. And without leasing I, for example, can't get back to GM even if I wanted to. Sad they will probably remembered most as being the biggest bankruptcy in history and they were led at the end by a guy whose last experience was K-Mart.
                        GTPdriver
                        G. Stephen Day

Comment

From msn.com:
                          "What GM's bankruptcy means for you
                          General Motors' filing will raise concerns among GM vehicle owners and prospective buyers. Here's a look at its possible effects on car prices, warranties, resale value, service and parts.

[Related content: cars, bankruptcy, GM, auto insurance, save money]
                          By The Wall Street Journal
                          Price cuts, rebates and other incentives could make the next few months one of the best times in history to buy a vehicle. During the past year General Motors (GM, news, msgs) has lowered prices and offered attractive rebates, financing and lease terms as part of a plan to shrink inventories. But tight credit and overall economic uncertainty have kept many consumers away.

New-car deals
                          Now the auto giant's difficulties have helped push the average incentive on a GM vehicle, which includes cash-back offers and discounts, to about $4,200, said Art Spinella of CNW Research. He said that number could rise to $6,500 or more in the wake of a bankruptcy filing.

But the perceived risk in buying a vehicle from a company under bankruptcy protection is expected to scare away many potential buyers.

Talk back: Would you ever buy another GM or Chrysler vehicle?

"Uncertainty may wind up driving some remarkable deals for consumers willing to take those risks," said Paul Taylor, chief economist with the National Automobile Dealers Association.

Resale value
                          The resale value of GM cars is expected to go from bad to worse under bankruptcy.

The average residual value of a GM vehicle at the end of a three-year lease is about 58% of its original price, compared with an industry average of 63%, said George Magliano, an analyst with IHS Global Insight, a market research company in Lexington, Mass.

Tell us: Where did GM go wrong?

GM's average is likely to fall by at least 10 percentage points in the immediate aftermath of a bankruptcy filing and will probably continue to sink in the long run, Magliano said, noting that the average for Chrysler, which also is in bankruptcy court, is "in the 30% range."

Hmmmm, time to get into a g8, vette, or camaro?

2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Coupe
                          1998 Buick LeSabre Custom

Comment

I woke up this morning and was informed by the broadcast media that I (all of us) was a 60% owner of the new GM (Government Motors). How does it feel to be a partial owner of a car company???

Comment

wait what?
                              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Working...
                              X