Rust Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust Repair

Ok im really not sure where to put this thread but i think its probably a fairly universal problem.

A guy i work with has a 98 silver grand am that has about 130k miles on it. He is a bit worried though because on the drivers side of the car along the bottom two inches or so of both doors there is some rust. He asked me to help him out which im fully willing to do but im just not sure the way to approach it.

I don't want to go as far as cut the panel out and re weld new pieces of metal in i heard that's like the best way to repair rust.

So im thinking sanding down the rust areas as much as possible , priming, and then painting. Hes doesn't even care if the paint matches but ill make sure i get the right paint.

So will my plan work? if so what type of sand paper, primer and paint do you recommend?

Thanks! ( I apologize if this thread is in the wrong section.)
    Current Mods : 7 color LED under dash/ seats, integration solutions I pod Adapter, 2 Powerbass PS-12 subs powered by a Power Acoustik OV2-2200.

Next on the list an intake..

Re: Rust Repair

Bump

So i went to advanced auto parts today, and talked to a guy and told me Duplicolor Rust fix would work apparently you spray it on the rust and it turns into primer supposedly taking care of it and then i can just paint over it. Before i use the rust fix i just got to scrub it with a scotch brite pad.
    Current Mods : 7 color LED under dash/ seats, integration solutions I pod Adapter, 2 Powerbass PS-12 subs powered by a Power Acoustik OV2-2200.

Next on the list an intake..

Comment

Re: Rust Repair

i would get off all teh rust you can and then use that product. because if you dont get the rusyt off its gonna just keep forming

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
      X