How long will it last?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will it last?????

How many miles should I be able to expect to get out of my baby??? I am pretty sure I beat on it because I only am getting 18.9 mpg right now

Re: How long will it last?????

My GT got between 16-19 mpg in the winter and this summer so far has gotten between 19-23mpg mostly deppending on how much I beat it. I did go on a 125mile trip a few weeks ago and it was mostly 75mph highway driving with a decent bit of city driving and I got 26mpg.
    Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
    INDIAN WARRIORS
    1926-2010

Comment

if you take care of it it could last forever

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

yea but I wont be able to put 200k+ miles on it and have it run without many problems like toyota's and lexus' do right?

Comment

Not true.

All cars have problems, I know Andy will back me up on this. They are pieces of metal, electronics, etc etc. All are made, all will break. You slap a GM and Toyota sticker on a hundred dollar bill and its still a hundred dollar bill. They will get wear and tear and things will go wrong.

I've seen people put 290,000 miles on GM cars before.
          Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
          I <3 Cody.

No homo.
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

if you take care of your car and you know what to listen for, smell, and look for your car will last for a long time.

yes you are putting your foot in it when you drive (18mpg) but as long as you dont floor it everywhere all the time you are fine.

Change the oil, do a trans flush, change the radiator fluid, check your brakes, notice when your tires are jacked up basically if you do routine maintence it will last for a long time.

(not dissagreeing with you cody, because you will run into the occasional lemon)

Comment

I know people with the 3.4L engine which is almost identical to the 3.5L and they have 200K+ miles on their original engine! most had a trans go out though by 170K.

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
                I know people with the 3.4L engine which is almost identical to the 3.5L and they have 200K+ miles on their original engine!
                If you don't mind replacing the leaky manifold gasket every few years. The 3.4 may last a long time but they have a fair share of problems.

Comment

I have seen MANY GM cars get well over 200,000km

Working for a taxi company I have seen many 3.8L GM engines make well over 300,000Km currently we have a bonneville sitting around with 375,000km
                  also seen toyotas crap out just over 100,000km
                  If you maintain the car properly, always check/change fluids regularly, let it warm up when necassary, etc.
                  you should be able to get a long life out of your car

all cars run into difficulties, and ALL cars will need things replaced as mileage gets up there
                  batteries, alternators, belts, plugs, filters

If you do drive it really hard you may run into problems earlier than expected, but you would get those problems with any other car to
                  2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                  2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                  1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

Originally posted by EnfieldG6
                    yea but I wont be able to put 200k+ miles on it and have it run without many problems like toyota's and lexus' do right?
                    I wouldn't go by that, a cars a car, end of story. It bottles down to how well YOU take care of your car, not who makes it. My sisters Toyota RAV4 is just 1 year older than my 6 and she has far more problems than I do cause she doesn't take the time to take care of it like I do. My Chevy Monte Carlo is 14 years old and its running fine too cause I took care of it when it fell into my hands.

I avg. around 24 city mpg and get 27-30 highway. I'm not too sure on the highway cause its been a while since I last tested it but I'm going back to Tampa and then to Orlando this weekend so we'll check it out then.

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                    G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                      Originally posted by grfnkl
                      I know people with the 3.4L engine which is almost identical to the 3.5L and they have 200K+ miles on their original engine!
                      If you don't mind replacing the leaky manifold gasket every few years. The 3.4 may last a long time but they have a fair share of problems.

True.. except this one guy i know he got tired of replacing the gasket that I forget what he did exactly but it's been good ever since. Then again he's done a lot of custom work to his and has his own shop.

Comment

Ok so how long until problems will start to set in (someone said the transmission starts to go @ 170k)

Comment

Working...
                        X