Ecotec rev limiter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecotec rev limiter question

I mentioned this in the above sticky but...

I just saw the video on the Stage 4 intake on a GTP and he rev'd it to the redline in neutral/park (dunno if its 6 speed or not) Anyways does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying neutral rev limiter on the 4 cylinders? I know the Grand Prix's have the same thing, wont go past 4K in neutral or park. Is it just the tune?
    2007 G5 Base Model
    Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

It's programmed into the car. Kyle's car is a six speed, so it allows you to rev it all the way to red line.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Thanks for the info. I know it cuts fuel at 4k, more like 3900. I put my intake on today and I was reving it and you can hear it backfire/misfire when you hit the rev limiter. Having an open exhaust like mine also makes it easier to hear. Sigh... looks like I'll be diving into my computer soon. Ugh, I hate electrical work.
      2007 G5 Base Model
      Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

Working...
      X