Stage 4 intake news *08/09 NEW VIDEO added*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 4 intake news *08/09 NEW VIDEO added*

Finally getting the intake situation under control and, as promised, the Stage 4 is making it's way closer to release. I did a test-fit of the new section and it sounds great. Its actually even louder now because there's less plastic to absorb the sound. I shot a couple videos for your viewing pleasure...

A quick walk around the engine bay. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOYbFpeAkMw

Revving (note the insane RPM rate) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgVYsd1TbHA

And a nice sexy burnout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BHy4AaIZGM

Some notes:

- the tubing in the picture looks crooked... It is, one of the pieces I used was bent when it was supposed to be straight.
    - The CAB intake is in place, not the fenderwell extension... Yes, this was just a test fit of the TB to MAF portion.
    - Kyle, you do awesome burnouts, what's your secret? I eats me spinich.

NEW VIDEO HERE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxZAWI8V2nE
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Can we get some still shots as well?
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Will you be offerring just the additional plumbing needed for the peeps with the stage 3?

I apologize if this was already answered

<~~~ 1234
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Am I the only one missing the sound?
        Current Mods: Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI and GT-R Exhaust. Tune Time TUNE! 6000 K HIDs, MPD Hood.

Originally posted by GTPprix
        My sister's cousin's niece who married a guy who delivers paper towels to a guy who knows a girl whose brother is a cabinet member for nObama said that GM just imploded 20 minutes ago.

Comment

John, yes. Kyle, #2, yes.

The new section layout

The ultimate performance combo:
          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

i didn't have sound either
            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Looking good! Thanks Kyle!
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

NO sound here either....OR I'm deaf lol

Official Sound Dude of the SWO

Comment

Looks really nice, though I don't have any sound either

If you don't want to answer this, I'll understand, but when do you think the stage 4 and extra plumbing (for those of us w/ stage 3 or CAB) will be available?
                  Originally posted by TLS2000
                  Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                  GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

no sound here as well.

Kyle, it looks great! But is there anything supporting it besides just the throttle body? The stock tubing has that one mount where the tube makes it's second bend to go across the engine bay. I didn't notice any mounts on this tubing.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Looks outstanding. Nice design. I also had problems with sound, and the 2nd video didn't load for me.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Is there any performance difference between the various intakes? Ultimately I would want to buy the one with the best performance.

Numbers on a comparison chart would be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                          Is there any performance difference between the various intakes? Ultimately I would want to buy the one with the best performance.

Numbers on a comparison chart would be fantastic.
                          Unless it was a really poor design or home made, I don't think you'll see more than 10 percent difference. Obviously on a net 10 hp gain, thats only 1 hp.
                          I saw an intake on a supercharged Mustang. It was a straight pipe about 10" long. Thats the one you want. No bends if you get what I mean.
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

yah no sound here either, looks sweet, and yes diffently let us(CAB owners) know when we can buy the extra pipe. does it make a deeper more agressive sound? then jus the air box does? cuz i already get looks when i stomp on it.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                            Originally posted by ahuhn
                            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Damn, website is blocked but the IT dept. Guess I'll have to hear for myself when they come in.
                              2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

Working...
                              X