Adding an Amplifier to a Monsoon 8 speaker system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an Amplifier to a Monsoon 8 speaker system

I have several questions about adding an Amplifier to my 6 disk in dash Monsoon system.. Thanks in advance for your help.

1) Does adding an Amplifier to the existing Monsoon system get me better sound or more volume?

2) What do we have with the Monsoon ?? (Very little information is available on pontiac.com about this stereo system.) It says 200 watt, 8 speakers. (is there an amp, subwoofer, tweeters, 2-way 3-way?? What the heck do I have.

3) if question 1 is a Yes, then What specifications should I look for on an Amplifier. And, can I mount it completely hidden under the passenger seat.

Damn, that is a lot of questions, sorry... lol. Again thanks for informing me!
    2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

You actually have an amp with the 8 speaker monsoon system. It's in your trunk behind the lining...I believe on the right side of the trunk.

Comment

1. Give you more bass if your adding a sub and amp. Louder!
      2. in my sedan in the front doors i have a woofer and a tweeter.
      In the back dash there are 6x9s that seem to be 2-way but are wired separately. Not like most 2 and 3 ways that have (1) set of + - going to them and filtered thru inline crossovers. The amp filters the speakers.
      3. Whatever you want. All depends on how much bass you want. Im running (2) 12"S with a Kicker 550.3 pushing them. Only using the mono channel. Approx 400 watts!
      Oh and your amp will only fit underneath the front seat if it is small enough :smoke:
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

So I do have an Amp.... I'll look for it... I suppose I could replace this with a better one, to just get better quality sound?

In the future I might want to put in a subwoofer box, If I could easily remove it and not have to tweak a bunch of stuff..

I like what I have now, but why not throw some money at it for BETTER quality sound and better quality at max volume..

In another thread Bonic215 installed these in the rear, http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zZScOka...300&I=1086937I How much better are these?

Thanks again for the help
        2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

Comment

Those are nice.
          If you are going to start screwin around with just the speakers or the factory amp, you have to be careful. You have to find out what the ohm loads and wattage are going to be and what is going to be produced. You have to makes sure they all match or you can end up damaging one of the pieces. In most cases they will work for a while, but you wont get ur monies worth out of them. They will not last long.
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Does anyone know where the monsoon amp is located for the convertibles?
            2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

In the truck, pull down the carpet that goes vertical up the rear of the truck, under the window.

|............O.............|
              |...........................|
              |...........................|
              -----------------------
              key

O = tire.

(i think, only looked at it once, when I got the car).
              The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

once you look at all the wires and the way they are connected to the amp you won't wanna mess with it haha. I personally think it's loud enough, so I just added and amp for my subwoofer in the trunk.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Actually its pretty easy. 3 harnesses. Just installed 2 12" memphis audio subs. I traced the wires by poping out the rear panels.
                  2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Working...
                  X