Help! Got tar on my door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Got tar on my door

Somehow I managed to get a bunch of tar on my door today, and when I tried to remove it, all I did was make it spread (that was before I realized it was tar). What can I use to remove the tar without hurting the car's paint?

Re: Help! Got tar on my door

Got bug and tar? Get bug and tar remover! lol
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Have you tried it? I remember using some kind of bug remover (can't remember what brand since I didn't actually buy it) a long time ago and that stuff was worthless. I don't mind spending the money on something, but I'd like to know it will take those spots right off.

Comment

Clay bar took it off my car. Used to be the bug and tar remover would also remove your clear coat. They have changed the formula so it works well now. I would wait until it drys though.

Comment

bug and tar remover works for me. Just be sure and reapply your wax
          afterward as it will remove your it as well....
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

walmart has a turtle wax bug and tar remover in a spray bottle that is amazing! you just spray it on and let it set for a while (out of the sun) and then hose it off.
            done: CRAB CAB woot woot!, aftermarket black taillights, chrome upper recessed grilles, dual rear valance and gt-r exhaust system, duplicolor red painted calipers with R1 concept e-line drilled and slotted rotors and posi-quiet ceramic brake pads all around
            to do (soon): window tint
            to do, maybe (later): painted headlights, color matched recessed grilles
            need: g6performance.com decals
            cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687601 *not yet updated with the new g6*

Comment

Any kind of Bug/Tar remover will work. Just don't be to aggressive or you'll swirl your paint.
              Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I tried the Turtle Wax and it really was amazing. The tar came right off with no effort. After washing my car, I also discovered some old tree sap though, and the Turtle Wax wouldn't touch most of it. I finally got it off, but it looks like that sap stained my paint yellow . Thank goodness it's not very noticeable

Comment

I would try some clay bar, Ive never seen Tree Sap staining the paint,

If that doesnt work, Try some kind of polish, such as Scratch X 2.0 or Ultimate compound, If you decide to use Ultimate compound, its somewhat of a heavy polish so it needs to be followed up by a light polish like Scratch x 2.0
                  Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

rubbing alcohol for the tree sap, apply it to a soft towel (NO PAPER TOWEL) and rub in a circular motion will little to no pressure. Also Stoners Tarminator works wonders, im not a fan of the turtle wax takes forever to get bugs of, diluted degreaser works much faster.
                    Installed - Crab CAB Intake, Borbet Type XL In Black wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval, Hammerhead, Lowered, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, HID's DDM tuning 55w 10k Low 35W 8k Fog, LED Tail Light Bulbs, Racingline Strut Bar Painted Red, R1 Concepts CD/S Front and Rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads, 25mm H&R Wheel Spacers, GTR (Pending Delivery)

Future Mods - Window Tint, GXP Rear Bumper, Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights, LED Turn Signals, Audi Headlight Mod, Upper/Lower Recessed Grilles, Energy Suspension Sway Bushings, Engine Tune

Comment

Working...
                    X