Need some help with my dad's Cavalier please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with my dad's Cavalier please

My dad has a 2000 Cavalier with about 40,000 miles on it. Lately he's been getting a squealing noise coming from the engine. We discovered tonight that it appears to be the A/C compressor. Further research revealed that it looks like the A/C clutch bearing is going bad, because when we turn the A/C on, the noise goes away, but when we turn it off, the clutch bearing on the pulley stops, causing it to rub and squeal.

Now, it also seems like it is causing the belt to slow down...his battery died tonight. After buying a new one, the car started right up. So what we really wanna know is, that if the compressor slowing the belt down will draw juice from the battery and eventually kill it? Thanks..
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

just set it on fire. jk If the belts wont turn or are being slowed down you will have voltage issues. So I guess it looks like a new compre. Good luck to you and the pops
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

yeah, what he said.
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

What happens some times with AC compressers they dont go bad just start to seize up and need to be lubercated. It happened on my dads old 78 Jaguar he use to have and my companies GMC W4 box truck. Easiest way to fix it is you might think am crazy but pour 1/4 of a quart of tranny fluid on the AC clutch cuz the fluid is real slick. turn on the car, stand away cuz might throw some back at you lol, then turn it off and pour a lil more till its lubercated. It worked for the two vechiles above.

Next if not that, try to trace some of the wires off of it if any becuase on some vechiles that has an ac comprssor the wiring harness to it, a few wires could short out if touching a hot block and melt ect and if that happenes could send the wrong single and build up TOO much pressure and not let it move, that happened on my moms friends car before even though rare and took her mechanic 4days to trace it out last summer that was another problem that caused it and really wasnt a bad compreser.

Hope that helps you out some Mike.
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

thanks andre I'll look into it.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Or tell him to sell that bitch car and get something comfortable.
            06 Pontiac G6 GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Eggroll
              Or tell him to sell that bitch car and get something comfortable.
              http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2862

Rule # 11 - Please read it and understand it.

Thanks,

John
              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Working...
              X