HOW TO - Remove and replace handles with pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO - Remove and replace handles with pictures

You will need a T25 torx screwdriver and about 10 minutes to do an entire sedan. Really easy, just take your time.

1. locate the black rubber plug and remove it, if you look inside that hole you will see a torx head.
    2. Turn this approximately 27 half turns. DO NOT remove the screw completely or you will run the risk of it dropping into your door panel.
    3. You will know when you have turned it enough because the smallest part of the door handle will be loose enough to remove.
    4. Once the smallest piece has been removed and set aside you will have to grab the door handle firmly "DO NOT PULL OUTWARDS"
    5. Pull the handle even with the cars door towards the rear of the car. ie.. towards the keyhole.
    6. The handle will pop out of position for easy removal.
    7. Clean-up area
    8. Reverse with install.

REVERSE

ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Re: HOW TO - Remove and replace handles with pictures

so you dont need the door lock anymore?

good write up

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33

good write up
      I did it right, after I noticed what piece was in there after the picture had already been taken. GOOD CATCH. lol

I'm pretty sure you won't be the first and only one to comment on my 30 second boo boo.
      ALTERATIONS:

Full 2008 GXP Sport Edition Conversion, MPD hood, Crab 03/04, HSRK, chrome oil cap/door locks, WAMS 93 tune, tints, Kenwood DNX5120 dvd/nav, red led interior lighting, 05 leather seats, Impala Leather console lid, 3rd LED brake light, Custom trunk lid liner.

Comment

Nice write up...even with the boo boo.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP
          Nice write up...even with the boo boo.
          ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
          .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
            Originally posted by bluegtp33

good write up
            I did it right, after I noticed what piece was in there after the picture had already been taken. GOOD CATCH. lol

I'm pretty sure you won't be the first and only one to comment on my 30 second boo boo.
            That's why God created remote keyless entry

My my Barry, what big legs you have
            <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

so are you putting on the white handles instead of the chrome ones?
              Originally posted by WoodburyMan
              There's a page of leghumping afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by travis05

Yea, he sold me his Chrome ones. As Barry put it, I was so exicted I paid him twice!

Modifications:
                [Completed] CRAB 03/04 + WMS 91 Octane Tune + MPD Hood w/ Hood Struts + GT-R Exhaust + Red Interior Lighting + De-Badged + Overlays + Chrome Window Trim + 20% Tint + Racingline Strut Bar
                [In Progress] Racingline Mount Inserts / Wiring Kit
                [Later Days] Audio Controls + G6 Mats + New Rims + Tail-Light Replacement + Street Glow + Trunk Sub

Comment

you could still get in through the trunk LOL

Nice write up very well done
                  My Progress thread
                  http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

I'd love to do that lol easy way to "shave" the locks

Lunch breaks are the heroes of my stomache!
                    Mods:

Comment

For step 2 I would suggest you magnetize your screwdriver with a rare earth magnet. Then you can just pull the screw out.
                      <-- Gray G6? Click!
                      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                        For step 2 I would suggest you magnetize your screwdriver with a rare earth magnet. Then you can just pull the screw out.

there is no reason to actually remove the screew. you just have to loosen it from the cap and then its still partialy screewed ito teh plastic still. that way theres no risk of dropping it in the door

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                        Originally posted by snowmanG6
                        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by Zoider
                          Originally posted by travis05

Yea, he sold me his Chrome ones. As Barry put it, I was so exicted I paid him twice!

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Barry, where did YOU get the chrome ones from???

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                          I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

The P/N's for GM Chrome Door Handles Are:

15929514 Handle Either Side

15895670 Lock Cap

15895671 No-Lock Cap

I just installed these per the article. EASY!! TY!!!

Comment

Thanks you for this write-up, I'm about to do the reverse and install chrome handles. Also, I swear there is a bull mastiff reflecting in one of the pics of the chrome handles, no?

Comment

Working...
                              X