Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOL - had my car in and what a nice bill i get.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL - had my car in and what a nice bill i get.

So, i took my car in for them to check a few things.

shaking while breaking, (in wheel and pedals and whole car really)
    when i had transmission fluiid changed that shop said the seal was leaking (turns out it wasnt)
    Temp controle didnt work from 0-3, only on 4
    and i agreed to get my oil changed.

so what turns out to be wrong with the car? nothing, they did oil change and changed a resistor for the blower motor. - then told me just my rotors were warped.

what was my bill? - 260!!!$$$ for them to tell me my rotors are warped, change the oil and replace a resistor.

holy fuckin win GM. thanks.

whats all on the bill 60$ - steering deiagnostics 30 for break diagnostics, 100$ deductable for the fuckin resistor? 40 for the oil change and i dont even know what else. - tax? oh wait, they topped up my tired pressure, THANKS!

Re: LOL - had my car in and what a nice bill i get.

at least they didn't come back and say the trans was leaking when it wasnt and charge you for something you didn't need. OR my personal fav when they say they couldn't duplicate the problem. Yet you go in the car and it happens right then and there.

Comment

Go back and tell them you want a refund on the amount you paid for the steering check. They should know that the shaking is caused by the warped state of the rotors as that has been a common problem on the 6. They should check that first, eliminate it as a cause and THEN move to a steering check. Are you getting that stealer to do the brake work? If so, you have some leverage here, I think.
      Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
      Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
      Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

i would have been fine with any issues as it would have been covered by warranty...but shit.

Comment

Originally posted by standfast
          Go back and tell them you want a refund on the amount you paid for the steering check. They should know that the shaking is caused by the warped state of the rotors as that has been a common problem on the 6. They should check that first, eliminate it as a cause and THEN move to a steering check. Are you getting that stealer to do the brake work? If so, you have some leverage here, I think.
          im gona do it myself / with my uncle. they offered to machine the rotors lol for 150$

Comment

As you have seen the money maker for the car stores is their service and body business.
            Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
            Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
            Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

they offered to machine the rotors lol for 150$
              Is that ALL 4? Still that's a sh*t load, I pay $7 a rotor at a local machine shop.

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
              I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Reminds me when i was asking the dealer to turn on the AC afterblow function... at first they didnt knew what the hell i was talking about, I printed the instructions that Ahun posted, still they didnt knew, then I show them the GM service manual and their response.... they dont believe that the option was available!!

All that was under warranty though, they still managed to blame the musty smell to a water leak in the AC systems (wasnt there) and washed my passenger side carpet. The smell came back 3 days afterwards.... their solution, an AC flush (120.00) not covered in warranty!!!

Hell, dealers think that we are some kind of fool or something..... they even offered me a Tornado!!! yep, the crap metal thingy that goes in the intake...."warrantied to save at least 10 mpg and to have more power" for merely 120.00 bucks!!!

Since that incident, I am doing all my work..... screw dealers!!!

Comment

Mine was under warranty so it was free but I just had to get my rotors machined cuz they were warped too..... on an 08 and at the time had like 28,000 miles.
                  Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                  I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                  Originally posted by ahuhn
                  i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Re: LOL - had my car in and what a nice bill i get

Didn't you already know it was the rotors? And did they replace the resistor or replace the whole unit? If it was just the resistor you got raped as they only cost pennies.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

This is why nobody should have ANY sympathy for any car dealers that are being closed by GM and Chrysler.

Comment

i was pretty sure it was the rotors and i said that. i also thought i had another issue as when i turned the steering wheels slightly my uncle could feel a thunk in some arm thing connecting to the passenger front wheel so suspected some bent arm thing or a steering problem as well.

and yea, i phoned and asked why i was charged 100$ for the resistor...he said the 50$ resistor and 60$ labour....110 - so they charged the lesser 100$ deductible.

i hope gm burns.

Comment

Re: LOL - had my car in and what a nice bill i get

Originally posted by mike91y2k
                          Didn't you already know it was the rotors? And did they replace the resistor or replace the whole unit? If it was just the resistor you got raped as they only cost pennies.
                          nah those things arent real cheap..one for my wifes car was 75 bucks, cheapest i could find. though replacing it was just 2 screws and the swap

Comment

Originally posted by gwiz
                            This is why nobody should have ANY sympathy for any car dealers that are being closed by GM and Chrysler.
                            I dont have ANY symphaty with any brand at all....no wonder dealers are closing and brands are being axed.....
                            because the bad reputation dealers make, hence the brands gets spoiled by them, people dont buy those brands, etc....

Comment

not meaning to steal the post, but just a quick story. friend of mine has a 2002 civic and was having a problem with it and took it to the dealer. they said the carburetor was going out....
                              .... umm...... wtf?
                              he left, turns out it was a misfiring spark plug or some crap like that.
                              r/t .539, 60' 2.328, 330' 6.529, 1/8mi 10.002, 71.16 mph (completely stock)

My Baby in her darkest hour
                              http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...l=1#post389966

Comment

Working...
                              X