Ulta High Performance Seasonal / Snow Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulta High Performance Seasonal / Snow Tires

I just want to know what you guys think if I should just ride out the seasonal stock tiger paw tire than I got buy a Ultra High Performance Seasonal Tires for all seaons or I should get a snow tires for winter use only? I have the space to store my spares tires in my condo so what do ya think??

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Keep a snow tire for snow, no all season is going to be good in snow well not even close to a straight snow tire anyway. Then you can get your high performance for summer/spring use. More expensive up front, but they'll last longer in the long run plus you'll have best traction all around.

Comment

Re: Ulta High Performance Seasonal / Snow Tires

Originally posted by redsun_ty
      I just want to know what you guys think if I should just ride out the seasonal stock tiger paw tire than I got buy a Ultra High Performance Seasonal Tires for all seaons or I should get a snow tires for winter use only? I have the space to store my spares tires in my condo so what do ya think??
      Being from Ottawa, I would go with the "snows on rims" option.
      I travel to Tremblant to ski and the weather is totally unpredictable

I have found a good "all season" will be OK in some icy and slushy driving but, fall short during the big storms that dump a ton of snow.

I know that Toronto doesn't get as much snow as Ottawa but, once you travel the 401 (east towards Kingston)a few times during a bad storm, you'll be happy you went with the snows.

Good Luck,

Chris
      Black GTP, 6-speed
      Ottawa, Ontario
      Go Sens!!!

Comment

I bought some snows and rims for my 6 and it's a huge difference.
        I just got steel 16s from the dealership and put some x-ices' on them so its quick and easy to change over when it starts to get cold.
        I've never had snow tires before but this thing rides better in the snow than my jimmy did in 4x4.
        "Open Your Mind Before You Open Your Mouth Because You Might Be The One Who's Selling Out"

Comment

When you go for snows, make sure that they are snow and ice tires.

I plan on getting a set come winter myself.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I tried to find an 18" snow tire last fall. Couldn't find a single set so I stuck with the Goodyear all-seasons, which are only adequate in snow and ice.

If you want winter tires for your GTP you might have to go with a 17" or 16".

Comment

My summer tires worked pretty good in the snow. And we had a pretty bad winter too.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

thanks for the replies........any winter tires u guys recommend?? Michelin xice?? blizzak ws?? or the dunlop brand?

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

thanks for the replies........any winter tires u guys recommend?? Michelin xice?? blizzak ws?? or the dunlop brand?
                  I got the x-ices and they worked great, barely lost any tread and I was doing circles around other cars when the snow started falling hard.
                  "Open Your Mind Before You Open Your Mouth Because You Might Be The One Who's Selling Out"

Comment

Originally posted by JMAC
                    I got the x-ices and they worked great, barely lost any tread and I was doing circles around other cars when the snow started falling hard.
                    is it loud during your ride?? Plus does the orginial stock 16 rims will fit on the new winter tires.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                      My summer tires worked pretty good in the snow. And we had a pretty bad winter too.
                      No way should you use the potenza "summer only tires".

When the temp gets down to -25C the road surface gets unstable and the rubber compound in summer tires cannot remain supple. The condition is more commonly known as "black ice".

Even "all seasons" have trouble on clear cold roads and stopping distances are increased.

GO With SNOWS!!!
                      Black GTP, 6-speed
                      Ottawa, Ontario
                      Go Sens!!!

Comment

[quote=redsun_ty]
                        Originally posted by JMAC
                        Originally posted by "redsun_ty":150of8vw
                        is it loud during your ride?? Plus does the orginial stock 16 rims will fit on the new winter tires.[/quote:150of8vw]

No, the noise difference was barely noticeable, the x-ices are studless so the noise diff is minimal.
                        And yeah you could fit the snows on your original rims, its just easier for me cause I have 17s in the summer with the chrome and wanted the heavier steel 16s for the winter. That way if you bang up the winter rims at all, its not as expensive to replace.

Comment

get some Blizzaks. those suckers are sweet winter tires.

Comment

Yeah Blizzaks are probably the best winter tire.

Comment

Nokian makes fantastic snow tires too. I used their WRs, which were replaced by the RSis. They were a good all season too.
                              04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                              Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Working...
                              X