Car is finally getting tinted!! *Pics added*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car is finally getting tinted!! *Pics added*

Well, this was long-overdue, but I just dropped off my car at an upscale tint shop. I know I'm probably paying too much than what I should, but this place uses 3M scotch tint and works on cars like lambos, ferraris, etc. When I got there there was a nice Mercedes getting ready to be tinted, and the owners drive a BMW and Benz.

The guy was telling me how he could tint my tails professionally at the bodyshop next door. He did it to his M3...they actually used paint on the taillights. It looked good, but not dark enough IMO, and he said the light still shines through. But it would be $250, so I said forget it lol.

So in about 3 hours I'm going to pick it up, and I'll try to get pics posted in this thread asap. Laterrzzz!!

*Edit: Pics down below!!
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Awesome, Post some pics when you get her back. I am going to retint my fronts darker and with a better quality tint. The stuff the guy used sucks.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

oh, and here's a link to the place, for anybody living in the North Jersey area or willing to make a road trip

Top of The Line Tint specializes in Automotive Tint, Residential Tint, and Paint Protection Solutions in Northern New Jersey.
      -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

It's about time!

Definitly post some pics... can't wait to see your car looking even more amazing.
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

and we all know tint makes the car go faster lol

Comment

DEF post some pics when you get it back.. what % did you go with? and how much is it costing you for the tint? I have 3M done on my car, its the best tint out there, IMO. It does get a tad pricy though... Well can't wait to see what it looks like.
            06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

Tell me about it. I have this car for two months, and no tint yet. I just need the time to get it done. Tint is as essential as tires, and it is driving me crazy.
              BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
              ^ The Man
              v The Legend

Comment

ok I got some pics! I think it looks perfect. The guys did a really good job. I just have to bring it back next week so they can wipe off the excess watermarks that will be left on the thirdbrakelight. They didn't have to remove the rear decklid I guess.

It's 35% 3M Scotch Tint and I paid $238.

-Mike #1

Comment

that looks badass mike.

Comment

That looks pretty dark for 35%...hard to tell in pics though. That looks great though. This is really giving me the push to get in there and have it done. Hopefully I can find a good tint place around here that has decent tint. Car is looking bad-a$$ as always!

Comment

Nice shots! I like the tint i am thinking of 35% also since i cant tint my front windows i think it will blend in better.
                      My Progress thread
                      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Looks GREAT tinted!

FYI: Yours is the very first coupe I have seen with the hi-mount brake light cut out. Looks real good like that, much to my surprise. Guess that's where a quality craftsman shows his talents. :smoke:
                        SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                        Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                        CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                        Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

looks good! didnt you have painted headlights??

Comment

Nice!! It's about time ya got that done

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

that is def. dark lookin for 35% but i love the way it looks. check mine out ima make a new thread i guess.
                              '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Working...
                              X