Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this TRUE???

Originally Posted by ABN31B
    Due to the government bailout of GM... the Army is buying up '09 G6 (base models) for friggen' everyone. We picked up 25 of those pigs. There is already a consumer notice that they are crap...
    The shift linkage has some sort of problem that gives you the warm and fuzzy of seeing it shift into park, but the transmission is having none of it. you get 1 of 2 fun issues. 1) doesn't start since it's not IN park. or the more fun 2) um IT'S NOT IN PARK!! so walk/jog/run after your new car as it rolls away... oh and then see problem one

We have also had one "die" on the freeway and it's currently back at a dealer getting warranty work. Good luck with yours. Ours have a 1 in 7 = sucks track record after 1 month...

How TRUE is this, and should I be worried about my G6 taking a crap on me???

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
    I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Re: Is this TRUE???

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
    Originally Posted by ABN31B
    Due to the government bailout of GM... the Army is buying up '09 G6 (base models) for friggen' everyone. We picked up 25 of those pigs. There is already a consumer notice that they are crap...
    The shift linkage has some sort of problem that gives you the warm and fuzzy of seeing it shift into park, but the transmission is having none of it. you get 1 of 2 fun issues. 1) doesn't start since it's not IN park. or the more fun 2) um IT'S NOT IN PARK!! so walk/jog/run after your new car as it rolls away... oh and then see problem one

We have also had one "die" on the freeway and it's currently back at a dealer getting warranty work. Good luck with yours. Ours have a 1 in 7 = sucks track record after 1 month...

How TRUE is this, and should I be worried about my G6 taking a crap on me???
    I highly doubt it and no, don't worry about it.

For the rest of you's, here's the link where the OP got the quote:
    http://www.blazerforum.com/forum/showth ... p?p=216917

Comment

Ya I highly doubt it as well, they've had the 4T45 tranny since God knows how long (my '00 GAGT had the same one, I believe the grand prix had it as well at some point) with no issues I know of and suddenly now they're crap? Not likely...

Comment

is it true... if you dont use it you lose it?

Comment

I googled and found the following:
          It appears to only effect the 2009's.

2009 Pontiac G6 Recall Details
          1. NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 09V073000
          Recall Date:
          2009-03-06

Summary:
          GENERAL MOTORS IS RECALLING 276,729 MY 2009 BUICK ENCLAVE, CHEVROLET COBALT, HHR, MALIBU, TRAVERSE, GMC ACADIA, PONTIAC G5, G6 AND SATURN AURA AND OUTLOOK PASSENGER VEHICLES. THESE VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLES SAFETY STANDARD 102, "TRANSMISSION SHIFT POSITION SEQUENCE, STARTER INTERLOCK, AND TRANSMISSION BRAKING EFFECT", AND FMVSS 114, "THEFT PROTECTION AND ROLLAWAY PREVENTION". ON SOME OF THESE VEHICLES, THE TRANSMISSION SHIFT CABLE ADJUSTMENT CLIP MAY NOT BE FULLY ENGAGED. IF THE CLIP IS NOT FULLY ENGAGED, THE SHIFT LEVER AND THE ACTUAL POSITION OF THE TRANSMISSION GEAR MAY NOT MATCH. WITH THIS CONDITION, THE DRIVE COULD MOVE THE SHIFTER TO "PARK" AND REMOVE THE IGNITION KEY, BUT THE TRANSMISSION GEAR MAY NOT BE IN "PARK".

Consequences:
          THE DRIVER MAY NOT BE ABLE TO RESTART THE VEHICLE AND THE VEHICLE COULD ROLL AWAY AFTER THE DRIVER HAS EXITED THE VEHICLE, RESULTING IN A POSSIBLE CRASH WITHOUT PRIOR WARNING.

Remedy:
          DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND ENSURE THAT THE SHIFT CABLE ADJUSTMENT CLIP IS FULLY ENGAGED. IN THE EVENT THAT THE CLIP DOES NOT ENGAGE, THE SHIFT CABLE WILL BE REPLACED FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE MARCH 24, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BUICK AT 1-866-608-8080, CHEVROLET AT 1-800-630-2438, GMC AT 1-866-996-9463, PONTIAC AT 1-800-620-7668 AND SATURN AT 1-800-972-8876 OR AT http://WWW.GMOWNERCENTER.COM.

Component Affected:
          POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:LEVER AND LINKAGE:COLUMN SHIFT

Potential Cars Affected:

Notes:
          GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
          Has been sold -> 2007 Emerald Green Pontiac G6 Sedan V6/Sport

Comment

Originally posted by ianp
            I googled and found this:

Component Affected:
            POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:LEVER AND LINKAGE:COLUMN SHIFT.

we dont have a column shift

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
              is it true... if you dont use it you lose it?
              was that a serious question? wow one of my favs lol
              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Well this explains why i saw 4 G6's in front of a local military recruiting office with govt plates on them.

Comment

there is a recall on the early 09's for the shifting issues

i wouldnt be too worried about getting a lemon. odds are all those vehicles were built at the time with te same parts that are being recalled

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  Originally posted by snowmanG6
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                  X